Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Strange interferences on ADSL2+  (Read 10729 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Strange interferences on ADSL2+
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »

okay... now Im lost and confused with all the threads and questions  ???   Going round in circles...

Asking an engineer to recrimp every joint is a bit much..  do you know how hard that was for me to get done..  even with a voice fault that the telephone became useless and a loss of over 20Mbps from attainable sync speed and a line that would drop when I used the phone.    Good luck!

Anyhow I need to go eat...  and cant sit here any longer.

/outa here
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:30:34 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 09:19:35 PM »

Ha ha ............  :lol: :lol:.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

konrado we seem to be going round and round in circles.   

~ Yes you have seen some changes since the DSLAM changes in May, but this is a measurement that doesn't affect the physical quality.
~ Yes your router may record things differently, but these are purely measurements and they don't change any physical aspect of your line in any way shape or form.
~ Yes your maximum attainable rate may vary but this is normal and the amounts are so very tiny that they dont make any impact on your line.
~ Yes SNRm changes - its rare that it doesn't.  All of your changes are within normal parameters.

Adsl works over a medium (telephone wires) which was never designed to take the technology, in some respects its a miracle that it works at all and we constantly push it to the extreme.  May I suggest you enjoy your line and stop worrying about normal events.

I will not ever entertain nor support the idea of putting a Telco through the ridiculous time and expense of having to recrimp all joints for something that is a normal variance of adsl.  :o

If you had a line fault then we would be happy to help you.  But there is nothing wrong with your line.

PS. Please cease from PMing me (inc my admin) if I don't reply to your posts
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »

It seems my English is still poor. I don't worry about SNRm changes, about tiny attainable rate changes.
Quote from: kitz
Yes your router may record things differently, but these are purely measurements and they don't change any physical aspect of your line in any way shape or form.
Since my attenuation is raised I've seen more errored seconds when I have average SNR margin 4.4 dB than it was formerly. I worry about cause of measurement's raise, not about real attenuation's raise.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »

I have Internet from polish provider Netia, not Telcom.

neilius

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »

Causes could be anything, interference from a source that's near your line somewhere, someone looking at your line (quantum physics observer effect), gypsy curse, you name it!  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]