Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: broadband stats  (Read 2272 times)

rico45

broadband stats
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »

i recently phoned our broadband provider not mention who as im not out to rant but i know what s.n.r etc is and the effects of the set up etc but they told me im getting 37Mg and educated me on the speed test , duh! they sais all is ok on their end just to reset the router.
how can get on the router page or how can i check if there are errors on the line or what the attenuation is , the issue is buffering at intermittent times both wired and wireless ,wireless being an ethernet power line, we have BT infinity.  Thanks
 :'( :'( :'(

JGO

• Reg Member
Re: broadband stats
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »

For your statistics and line attenuation you could look at Routerstats (Lite) if it covers your router. Free download from http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm

I don't understand your " wireless being an ethernet power line" Three distinct  modem-to- computer link technologies there which all can degrade the actual FFTC  (?) speed considerably.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: broadband stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »

Just to confirm that I understand correctly.

You have BT Infinity which is supposedly connecting as 37Mb...  yet you are having problems streaming and it seems slow both on both wireless and Ethernet.

---

First of all do a BTw Performance Test.  Once you have done the speed test bit, click the "Further Diagnostics" button.   What do the results on that page tell you?   It should give you your IP profile so we can roughly work out your connection speed.

>> how can get on the router page

By default BT have locked all the BT modems down :(
However, theres is a way around this if you have a Huawei modem (or you can pick one up cheap on ebay).  Everything you need to know is on this page.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything