Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Faulty DECT phones  (Read 3123 times)

z1ts

• Reg Member
Faulty DECT phones
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

To cut a long story short my set of 3 Panasonic DECT phones has stopped ringing............  Perfectly functional in every respect but no ring!  Base unit still rings........  Anyway I've tried everything to try and get them to ring but all have failed :( !!! 

Does anyone know of an 'auxiliary' ringer that I can plug into a phone extension to give me some rings until I've saved up to buy the new DECT phone set that I've got my eyes on?????

Thanks in advance!

c6em

• Reg Member
Re: Faulty DECT phones
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »

Used to be able to get them quite easily - plugs into spare telephone socket in the house

Try Maplin - search on tone ringer or telephone ringer

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »

That's a really odd fault. I guess it's the base station which sends the ring signal to the others, and that would be where the fault lies.

There's this or these.

Don't forget that it will need filtering.
  Eric

z1ts

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »

Thanks both.

I agree it is an odd fault!  They've died in stages so I'm not sure whether it's the base station or not.  The speaker-phone function doesn't work either so I think it's the actual loudspeaker on the handset that's duff........... I could try poking around in them for loose wires or something but I'd probably end up mutilating them beyond use!!!!

It's one of those bugging situations where they're just out of warranty, now been discontinued so can't buy replacement handsets individually, don't warrant repair as we live in the so-called 'disposable age' and yet they're too new to just hurl and replace with >£100 of new phones :( 

Thanks for the comment regarding filtering - will bear in mind.

anything