Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Questions regarding ZyXEL VMG8924-B10a  (Read 9811 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Questions regarding ZyXEL VMG8924-B10a
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

If you are not comfortable using the beta then update to 10C0 which is a full release which I have been running now for a considerable time and currently my router has been up with no re-syncs for 54 days so it certainly does seem reliable.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »

Wouldn't VLAN in the WAN config screen be for ISP's who assign customers their own VLAN which you then need to match on your WAN port before you get traffic on that port?

You may be correct, however I do have that checked in my router although I dont use VLAN etc and I can see the options.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Daxziz

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 08:34:19 PM »

OK. I just tried enabling VLAN under WAN configuration which didn't do anything than drop my WAN connection completely.

I'll try upgrading to the latest firmware version again, but I've already been there.
Do you think that it'll be worth a shot upgrading and running a factory reset afterwards?

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 09:25:47 PM »

A firmware upgrade and a Factory reset is a good idea.
You will then start from a clean config before you set everything up again.

Be aware that any saved config files may not be in a valid format for newer firmware versions.
Resetting the config by hand via the web interface is preferable to restoring a saved config file at this point.

I know from experience that a config file from a firmware version less than ver 8 would not restore to a newer version. (I am now on ver 11b2 )
I got a message about invalid data in the configuration file.

Save the current configuration and note the firmware version it came from in its name.
(You can rename the config file as long as the file extension is .conf and it can be used to restore settings without having to rename the file )
This will at least allow you to recover back to where you are now if you put the same firmware version back.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything