Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What just happened to my connection?  (Read 6982 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: What just happened to my connection?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 07:47:43 PM »

the way to see if its a profile issue kitz is run the BT wholesale speedtest, that reports the BTw IP profile.
Then plusnet have a page in their control panel which reports the line rate (or similiar), that is the plusnet IP profile, these 2 should match or at least be close together.

Agreed.. which is why I first asked the OP to do a BT performance test in order to get his IPprofile... and then when I noticed he was with PN,  I gave him the direct link to check his PN 'Stable Rate'. :)

A slow update is the mostly likely cause & its why I stuck to those questions, but its possible a simple reboot could be all thats needed to pick up the new profile with PN.. but I needed to know if those 2 figures were the same before progressing to the correct answer.

Unfortunately as yet,  the OP hasn't returned with the figure I asked for... and Im hoping that he hasnt been deterred over debates over ISPs and PPP :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »

yeah I will stay shut up now until he replies with the info.

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »

I'm sorry if you don't think that the PPP 'debate' was relevant to this thread Kitz, it seemed to me it was, potentially.

However, I'll continue it here http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12786.0.html with apologies to the OP.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:51:18 AM by ColinS »
Pages: 1 [2]