Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Closure of Digital Region  (Read 27484 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Closure of Digital Region
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2014, 09:54:07 PM »

From what Ive seen recently, it looks like the closure of DR has also caught Origin on the hop too, and theyve been left out of the loop.
Its a shame in a way, because they seemed to put in place procedures to transfer existing accounts over to adsl.   Not sure what exactly has gone wrong.
The lack of information coming from Origin hasnt helped their case and endeared their existing customers.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »

Trying to read between the lines they were hoping to get Talk Talk on board as to moving users over to the exchanges where TT had a presence and Origin also had a presence.This was sort of agreed the way forward in the short term but then when a figure was put on the table it was way out of Origins price range so they had to start from scratch with little time left and the shortage of trained staff to deal with the mass migrations.Plus as already mentioned hardly any information coming from them via their own website and then if anyone via their Facebook page complained their posts were promptly removed which angered many people.
Only time will tell how they move forward from this,it will take a lot to get customers back on board.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »

The situation in South Yorkshire is interesting as it seems to be one of those areas where contrary to the urban myth that BT will overbuild every competing network large chunks of the area were left to Digital Region, with some anecdotal stories of Openreach VDSL2 cabinets appearing to disappear once a Digital Region cab appeared.

...  and why it leaves many people such as UB in his current situation.   Its ridiculous that we are talking nor rural but busy urban areas within a few fews of a major city centre.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything