Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Line attenuation  (Read 11086 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Re: EMI ?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »

I have about 50 errored secons if I have 17900 kbps and SNR margin 6.1 dB. As I have 18607 kbps and SNR margin 4.2-.5.0 dB I have 300-400 errored seconds and 0 total SES.

in what time frame?

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: Re: EMI ?
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »

during 12 hours. I have fast path.

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: Line attenuation
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »

I'm not sure whether I've written understandable post earlier and thereby I'm going to say about my problem once again. I know if attenuation is raised about 0.5 dB it isn't line fault. However, I'm not sure whether settings of DSLAM card are the same like earlier. From December 2012 until the 10 May 2013, my router was continously showing line attenuation: 25.5 dB for download and 15.2 dB for upload despire I was doing a lot of reconnectings. On 10 May 2013 at night I had three hours break in Internet connection, I've haven no synchronization. However after the break I was still having 25.5 dB/15.2 dB attenuation. I was curious about cause of that break and thereby I've asked my ISP what was cause of that break because I thought that engineers was doing something. On 10 May 2013 my ISP raised SNR margin to 9 dB and raised "interleave delay". Suddenly I saw 26.0 dB/15.6 dB attenuation and SNR margin 9.1 dB. I've called to my ISP and my ISP restored 6 dB target margin but since 10 May line attenuation is continously 26.0 dB/15.6 dB. I've asked my ISP which settings were changed, however my ISP assures me previous settings (before 10 May) are restored. My ISP assures me that I've default profile on DSLAM card. I don't believe that my ISP restored previous settings because my attenuation raised accurately at the moment of rasing target SNR margin to 9 dB. What setting can be able to raise attenuation? My power output is the same like earlier. Is it possible that my ISP changed PSD masks? Does power output change line attenuation? Additionally, I've seen since I have raised attenuation I have more errored seconds on SNR margin about 4.6 dB than I had earlier.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »

So let me confirm.   

You are wanting to know why your attenuation changed from

25.5 dB/15.2 dB

to

26.0 dB/15.6 dB

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 07:53:30 PM »

Yes, I want to know it. I want also know whether previous DSLAM card's settings are in fact restored and what DSLAM settings are responsible would cause that attenuation's increase.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »

But attenuation is a reading from your router - its often mathematically rounded and cant be taken as an accurate measurement its a guide to loop length.  Its often obtained as an average from all the tones in use and it can on occasion change for no reason at all.

But I think weve been here before.

>>> What setting can be able to raise attenuation?

There isnt one - its a measurement not a setting.

>>> Is it possible that my ISP changed PSD masks?

It wouldnt change attenuation.

>>> Does power output change line attenuation?

No

>>>  DSLAM settings are responsible would cause that attenuation's increase.

There isnt anything Im aware of on the DSLAM configuration that could possibly do this.

The most common reason for change in attenuation people experience is when moving from adsl1 -> adsl2+ because more frequencies/tones are in use, other than that its the way your router interprets and measures certain conditions.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 08:18:56 PM »

Do you think it is coincidence that my attenuation suddenly raised accurately when my ISP raised target SNR margin do 9 dB and did reconnecting? Since that time attenuation is continously raised. Furthermore, I wonder about my attenuation on G.DMT. I've have Internet from my ISP since 2006. In 2006 I've had G.DMT on the old Edimax AR-7064+ router with Trendchip DSL chipset. That router was showing 39.0 dB attenuation for download on G.DMT only. Today I have TP-Link TD-W8950ND. When I connect with G.DMT, I have still 39.0 dB attenuation. I don't believe it is bad measurement because two different router at very distant times shows the same value. I suspect that my attenuation is faulty raised on particular frequiences.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:46:05 PM by konrado5 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 09:31:17 PM »

I think we've spent more than enough time on this subject. You're not going to get the answer you're looking for. There is nothing more to say.
  Eric

neilius

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »

I can only commend Kitz's patience with all this, as well as everyone else's...  :-X
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:25:26 AM by neilius »

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 10:57:22 PM »

:'(::) :-\ :-X ???
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »

I don't expect that SNR margin will be accurately the same over the whole day. I only search the way to do still better service than I have now. I've already partly improved my service. I've had 2 mbps lower synchronization year ago. I like to acquire new knowledge about ADSL technology.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »

Enough!
  Eric

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »

:lol: :lol: When Eric says, "Enough", might I humbly suggest you move onto a different subject, Konrad ??

There is nothing out of the ordinary with your circuit. Yes, it may improve if you can bring the ambient temperature along the run of the cable, to 'Absolute Zero'. Plus, upgrading to pure gold wiring will also bring your attenuation down, but other than that, you haven't got an issue. Be happy with your end result.  :)

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »

But my home installation is perhaps bad.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9820/gcr7.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4217/xvqe.jpg

Is it all right? This sheerness box on the first photo is doorbell. Second cable is ring cable. I think that doorbell give interferencec only when someone rings. Do I think good? I've noticed HEC errors when someone rings. I wonder if nobody rings there are some other interferences. I don't know whether phone cable can be so near to the other electrical cable.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »

Those two photo's don't give any indication as to the distances between the two items (Doorbell and Phone wires), other than that they're in a pink room ??

I have never had an instance of a doorbell causing interference, even when REIN faulting. I'm not saying it's not possible, but in my own experience it has never posed an issue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3