Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Vectoring Trial  (Read 16294 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Vectoring Trial
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:33 PM »

indeed, it may be better to just say vectoring instead of vectoring enabled with vectoring friendly been the alternative mode to stop it been a disturber.

If kitz or some other mod wants to delete my last post I am fine with that so can leave black sheep with his final word :)

I am hoping I am wrong on my prediction and BT roll this thing out soon, as it then means I get a better service.

Current openreach documentation says existing CPE has to already be vector friendly, so I assume from that the hg612 and ECI devices are already vectoring capable even if a firmware upgrade is needed.  But that is an assumption by myself based on existing openreach documentation.

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »

But your original concerns over the M41s are indeed an understandable and legitimate reason to be searching for more and better information.  I really do hope that this is something that the outcome of the trial will be able to give concerned EUs like yourself some reassurance over, and best of all, hope for the future. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »

I'm not going to delete any posts, but I do ask that members refrain from making personal remarks at each other...  although Im aware that I snapped earlier in another post (chastises self)..  so perhaps its the weather?

I'm all for discussion, and we all have our own view points and opinions, but I dont like it when people start squabbling.

The thing is at the moment, we know the technology exists, but we dont know yet what BT are going to do with it.  Im sure many of us here would like it if BT were more transparent, however I can fully understand why they do keep certain things under wraps.  I dont always agree with some of the things that BT do, but at the end of the day we are pawns and tbh I cant think of another Telco who could do any better :(

I dont know sufficient about this topic to add anything of value other than whats already been covered, so Im bowing out now too and hopefully I can just continue to read what should be an interesting and informative thread.

Normally now I'd pour myself a glass of something... but since Im on painkillers and Flagyl...  thats not a good idea...  so instead... I'll raise a virtual glass and say chill and cheers  :drink:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

tbh I cant think of another Telco who could do any better :(

instead... I'll raise a virtual glass and say chill and cheers  :drink:
Me neither, but I could probably think of some that might be worse! :(
:drunk:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything