Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats r1.1 released  (Read 10426 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
HG612 Modem Stats r1.1 released
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »

The first public revision to the HG612 Modem Stats package has now been released.

It is available here:-

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html

Click the Blue Download Now! button & choose one of the Download Mirrors.

It is still currently aimed only at VDSL2/FTTC connections for Microsoft Windows users, but an ADSL version is on its way, combined with Linux compatibility.

The package has been fully tested on XP, Vista & Windows 7 systems & although not perfect, some increased compatibility with problematic Windows 8's Task Scheduler has been built in.

What´s New in version 1.1:
• Connection Up time & Total Bits loaded are now reported in the Bitloading graph.
• Bitswap graphs per tone in the Ongoing graphing
• Auto-reset the modem´s internal clock at each resync
• More efficient/quicker harvesting/logging, especially for larger modem_stats.log files (mines now 202 MB (212,705,280 bytes) in size).
• Ability to disable extensive event/error logging, just reporting the basics and any true errors (keeps the log file size down).
• Separate resync log.
• Ability to use a different task name.
• The programs should now be fully compatible with the HG610, HG612 & HG622 modems.
• Other various tweaks we can´t remember :-)

New users should simply extract the contents of the zip file to Drive C:, ensuring "Expand Folders" or similar setting is selected for a default setup.

Existing users of the initial version 1.0 should extract all the files & subfolders to the relevant existing folders to ensure the slightly different operation of the package is picked up.

Once all the files are in place, existing users should delete the original HG612 Stats Program task & create a new one via the Settings Editor.

By default, Current (snapshot) data will be harvested & plotted every 8 hours, starting at 06:00 & Ongoing data will be harvested every minute, being plotted at 06:00 each day.

These settings can be easily adjusted or logging and/or automated graphing turned off via the Settings Editor.

-----
Admin notice.
Latest version 2013-11-08.zip is attached in this post

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13078.msg249360#msg249360
You will need to be logged in to download it.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:19:04 PM by kitz »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: HG612 Modem Stats r1.1 released
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »

Well done that Baldy Bird!  :clap2: :dance: :silly:

I guess Mrs Eagle still hasn't had the nest fully refurbished to her satisfaction . . .  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »

Excellent  :clap:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »

You don't need me to tell you how much hard work I know has gone into this.

Many - many - thanks. :clap: :dance: :congrats:

MuttyWango

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

This is wonderful, thank you all for your hard work.
I don't know what most of the things mean so it's time for me to learn how my fibre fatpipe works.

Here's a suggestion : the "Visit website" link on Freewarefiles goes to the old http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12284.0.html?PHPSESSID=92ad9c79d82669852aeffb0da7db8311
Shouldn't it link to this page?

Questions : on my QLN, SNR and Hlog line graphs there are breaks in the line as shown in the attached pic., is this cause for concern? I don't have problems with my connection.
I had a resync with Retrain Reason:   0 - what is reason 0?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:11:48 AM by MuttyWango »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

Here's a suggestion : the "Visit website" link on Freewarefiles goes to the old http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12284.0.html?PHPSESSID=92ad9c79d82669852aeffb0da7db8311

Good comment.

Hopefully, RONSKI (who manages the info in the Freewarefiles site) will pick that up.

Questions : on my QLN, SNR and Hlog line graphs there are breaks in the line as shown in the attached pic., is this cause for concern? I don't have problems with my connection.
I had a resync with Retrain Reason:   0 - what is reason 0?

The gaps are where Upstream data is sometimes shown.

A Huawei DSLAM never reports that US data, whereas an ECI DSLAM occasionally reports it, so no cause for concern.

As your data cuts off at around tone 3959, I suspect you are connected to a Huawei DSLAM.
An ECI DSLAM uses up to tone 4083.

Your Discovery Phase bandplans as shown in pbParams data (also shown in the snapshot montages) would confirm which type of DSLAM you are connected to.

Retrain Reason 0 is apparently Loss Of Signal.

A modem reboot or power OFF/ON always cause that reason as can some sort of disturbance on the line.

Connections usually report Retrain Reason 2 whenever DLM decides to make 'on the fly' adjustments and/or it signifies negative margin:-

Retrain Reason Los Detector           0
Retrain Reason Rdi Detector           1
Retrain Reason Negative Margin        2
Retrain Reason Too Many Us FEC        3
Retrain Reason CReverb1 Misdetection  4

Retrain Reasons 1,3 & 4 are very rarely seen & even then it is usually only on very problematic connections.

MuttyWango

• Just arrived
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »

Very helpful, thank you very much Bald_Eagle1.
I've just been up to the DSLAM cabinet and it appears to be Huaweii (compared to photos I've seen here on kitx.)
 :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

Stickied this topic because I was looking for it but it had slipped down the list.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »

Good comment.

Hopefully, RONSKI (who manages the info in the Freewarefiles site) will pick that up.

Just noticed this, have changed the URL, but it may take a while until the changes are approved, and until they are the program won't be on there.

I'll also need to update the URL in the editor, as that still points to the old thread, although I have added a link at the end of the old thread to the new one.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »

Ronski..  if it makes things easier you could point to http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/board,46.0.html and I will always sticky the most recent version.   
That way it can easily be found as it will be at the top..  whatever version is current... and you wont need to change things your end everytime theres an update.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »

Thats something I was heading towards when stating a desktop is to heavy on electric to be left on 24/7 and rasberry PI would be and excellent way to moniter the hg612 stats as it only uses a max of 3-4 watts and says 7.5 watts with and HD installed, so would an Arm Linux distro OS work ? was even thinking you guys could bundle up a Ras PI with HD/SSD running the stats software and call it the STATSBOX say retail price £150 and after 1 year £49.99

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Ronski..  if it makes things easier you could point to http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/board,46.0.html and I will always sticky the most recent version.   
That way it can easily be found as it will be at the top..  whatever version is current... and you wont need to change things your end everytime theres an update.

Missed this post, good idea Kitz, I've updated my code for future updates, thanks.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

1.1 is a very nice upgrade from the original, thanks guys.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »

I am having trouble running HG612 modem stats and with so many posts about it I have not managed to help myself with info found in a post.  I am attempting to run HG612 modem stats in sync with dslstats - box is ticked.  I suspect the cause of my problem is that I put the computer into standby quite often, shutdown overnight may also be an issue but I think it fails before then.  It is windows XP.

With a fresh unzip of the files all is fine if I only use the snapshots. However after I start logging all seems fine at first, even with an odd standby but then two things happen.  The HG612 exe runs continuously using 50% cpu and the snapshots stop and hang for ever after "3 of..".   Once this happens so far I can't seem to recover except by deleting the various recently created files or starting with a fresh unzip.

Any advice would be much appreciated, do I need to stop logging prior to standbys and stutdowns?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:55:07 PM by les-70 »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »

I am still having trouble as in the previous post.  I am just doing the odd snapshot for the moment but I would like to go back to try logging.  I still suspect it is my standby's and shutdowns that are causing my trouble and confirmation of whether or not that may be true and any possible fixes would be welcomed.
Pages: [1] 2

anything