Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

HG612 Modem Stats r1.1 released

(1/4) > >>

Bald_Eagle1:
The first public revision to the HG612 Modem Stats package has now been released.

It is available here:-

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html

Click the Blue Download Now! button & choose one of the Download Mirrors.

It is still currently aimed only at VDSL2/FTTC connections for Microsoft Windows users, but an ADSL version is on its way, combined with Linux compatibility.

The package has been fully tested on XP, Vista & Windows 7 systems & although not perfect, some increased compatibility with problematic Windows 8's Task Scheduler has been built in.

What´s New in version 1.1:
• Connection Up time & Total Bits loaded are now reported in the Bitloading graph.
• Bitswap graphs per tone in the Ongoing graphing
• Auto-reset the modem´s internal clock at each resync
• More efficient/quicker harvesting/logging, especially for larger modem_stats.log files (mines now 202 MB (212,705,280 bytes) in size).
• Ability to disable extensive event/error logging, just reporting the basics and any true errors (keeps the log file size down).
• Separate resync log.
• Ability to use a different task name.
• The programs should now be fully compatible with the HG610, HG612 & HG622 modems.
• Other various tweaks we can´t remember :-)

New users should simply extract the contents of the zip file to Drive C:, ensuring "Expand Folders" or similar setting is selected for a default setup.

Existing users of the initial version 1.0 should extract all the files & subfolders to the relevant existing folders to ensure the slightly different operation of the package is picked up.

Once all the files are in place, existing users should delete the original HG612 Stats Program task & create a new one via the Settings Editor.

By default, Current (snapshot) data will be harvested & plotted every 8 hours, starting at 06:00 & Ongoing data will be harvested every minute, being plotted at 06:00 each day.

These settings can be easily adjusted or logging and/or automated graphing turned off via the Settings Editor.

-----
Admin notice.
Latest version 2013-11-08.zip is attached in this post
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13078.msg249360#msg249360
You will need to be logged in to download it.

burakkucat:
Well done that Baldy Bird!  :clap2: :dance: :silly:

I guess Mrs Eagle still hasn't had the nest fully refurbished to her satisfaction . . .  ::)

kitz:
Excellent  :clap:

ColinS:
You don't need me to tell you how much hard work I know has gone into this.

Many - many - thanks. :clap: :dance: :congrats:

MuttyWango:
This is wonderful, thank you all for your hard work.
I don't know what most of the things mean so it's time for me to learn how my fibre fatpipe works.

Here's a suggestion : the "Visit website" link on Freewarefiles goes to the old http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12284.0.html?PHPSESSID=92ad9c79d82669852aeffb0da7db8311
Shouldn't it link to this page?

Questions : on my QLN, SNR and Hlog line graphs there are breaks in the line as shown in the attached pic., is this cause for concern? I don't have problems with my connection.
I had a resync with Retrain Reason:   0 - what is reason 0?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version