Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Twin Netherlanders needed to interpret  (Read 2657 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Twin Netherlanders needed to interpret
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Code: [Select]
mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/nnnnn.co.uk/config/multiforums.functions.inc.php on line 65 is what I sometimes see when I log in to another forum (or rather attempt to).

Can someone enlighten me of its meaning and reason? :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Twin Netherlanders needed to interpret
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »

I think it just means that the forum has reached its limit on the number of users who can be logged in. The forum software should really handle the situation more gracefully and give users a more helpful error message, but instead it's displaying the raw error message from the programming language. But then, as we know very well, programmers are rarely perfect. ;D
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »

>>> mysql_connect():

Looks like this message is coming direct from the server on which the forum database resides. As eric has correctly pointed out, the limit of maximum concurrent users has been reached.

The server will have a maximum number of users that can connect to avoid ddos attempts.  This limit is often set by the hosting company who generally configure all the mysql & php security settings for the server.  They may need to contact their webhost to get the limit increased/upgrade hosting package. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »

Thanks for all that! Of the forums I watch that one seems the worst for failures, perhaps due to the hosting site used. Perhaps too cheap and ypparc, but not much else affordable.:(