Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednessday words !  (Read 1559 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Wednessday words !
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »

'Allo All   -    springlike conditions here of late  -  but there could yet be a sting in the tail  !!  My yellow duster is in full flow  - I've read this morning that it will be doing a 'flip' soon to change it's north / south polarity   - apparently this happens every 11 years or so, so nothing to worry about -   just as long as it keeps busy here  :D

Hope you are all well and building up the defences for the oncoming onslaught  -  no not the weather  - Christmas   :D    We can look forward to ours together this year.  The last one was pretty grim, hubby in hospital, Moi and Scotty at home - but that is in the past and we look forward.   I've just placed an order with a local poissonier for our seafood platter for the 24th.  Oysters and champagne are part of the menu (I shall allow myself one glass  :yum: )   

I had my first blood test yesterday, since having no treatment, and the results are very good, so I continue now as normal, another test in January.  I feel  remarkably well.  On Monday I had a trip to the Unit (accompanied by my chére ami  Josette) to take choccies etc.   as a gesture of appreciation.  We then found a rather nice restaurant nearby for a lunchy  !  ;D      A shoppy is definitely out of the question for now, I was exhausted ! but enjoyed every minute.      ( I didn't just abandon hubby ! :o   one of our 'carers' was already scheduled for lunch time - so he did eat as well  ;D )         Later this week hubby and I are going to the Unit where he  was 'installed' for a long time !  with choccies etc. and a couple of similar visits are scheduled to other 'deserving' causes ! 

Have a good Wednesday everyone   ....  ttfn   :flower:

It's today that matters !

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Wednessday words !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »

'Ey up, S*mum,

Thank you for your latest status report. I'm pleased to see that "things" are positive.  :)

How are the local shopkeepers remaining in business, without your regular patronage?  :-\  Are they relying on passing trade?

My yellow duster is in full flow  - I've read this morning that it will be doing a 'flip' soon to change it's north / south polarity   - apparently this happens every 11 years or so, so nothing to worry about -   just as long as it keeps busy here  :D

Is that rather like "reversing the polarity of the neutron flow"? If yes, then I understand.  :angel:

This is not a good time of the year for me. I shall have to make one further visit to "the corner shop" (Tesco) before December 25th, so I am preparing one of my best quality bah humbugs . . .  :mad:

Now, where's my warm and sleepy spot . . .  :flower:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.