Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Leaving Be*  (Read 34726 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Leaving Be*
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »

Any idea what actual event has triggered that, or is it something mysterious in the bowels of BT's systems?  >:D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »

What a bunch of clowns. :(
  Eric

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »

What a bunch of clowns. :(
Who though?  :-X
Is it BT (which part?) for doing a "cease" on the phone line when it's presumably not appropriate?
Or is it Be for interpreting some other event as a "cease" or just sending an incorrect scary message that actually doesn't represent reality?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »

I'm presuming (maybe incorrectly) that the internet connection is still working, and that Be are the bunch of clowns.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

Big sigh.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

Im not saying too much atm...   Ive already had several rants today via mobile facebook... well it was something to do whilst waiting.

I am connected now, but I had over 6hrs of downtime.  Im not too impressed with how things went today and its been a bit of a comedy of errors and botch up jobs all round..  and Quinns..... whose engineers arent even given the right tools to do the job properly.

Just feeling a bit tarnished at todays events atm....  but happy to show this....    so it aint all bad and could be a hell of a lot worse.  :) 

Im very doubtful about putting the Huawei on atm to get proper stats...  I may be pushing my luck because of the number of resyncs, reconnects etc that Ive already had to do and I really need to let things settle down before messing any more in case the DLM clobbers me.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »

Glad you got to FTTC after all.
Obviously what most of us are interested in is how to avoid, or prepare for and mitigate, the stupid things that can or do go wrong on the way.  ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 05:25:42 PM »

>>> and that Be are the bunch of clowns.

Not really, they just sent out the wrong mail,   Its a combination of all involved I guess.   At least it wasnt a proper cease.

Be for confusing things,
BTw for using contractors
PN for still thinking I was adsl2+ and therefore not being able to authenticate on their network.
Quinns for not being able to do what I needed.   I dont blame the engineer himself who was pleasant enough and tried to help... but his tools and equipment were limited.  Id specifically ordered HWS, but he had no idea of this and is sent out literally with just a modem and vdsl plate and is paid per job to get in and out asap. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »

>>> prepare for and mitigate, the stupid things that can or do go wrong on the way.

Pray you get BTo and not a contractor.

-----
PS I bought Bacon and Extra Large Barm cakes which are still sat unopened.

Going free to any BToR guy who fancies a trip to Blackpool...  just bring your toolkit with you :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:31:00 PM by kitz »
-----

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »

Yep. indeed. Quite a lot to do with that... and yes it was submitted by PN to BTw as HWS.

...  and Im sorry but Im outa here now... Ive really had enough for today...   but I'll leave you with this..

which was the location of an old LJU1 - if you look closely you can still see what was its center hole slightly to the left. 
This is connected by 25m of telephone cable - not CAT5 - to the site where the old NTE was.   The drawer opened easily over the LJU, but the VDSL socket is nearly 4cm deeper.   Bear this in mind when planning for vdsl. 
I still need to tack the modem cable out of the way and put the suspension files back in the drawer.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »

D'oh!  ::)

When you feel 'up to it', you should inform PlusNet (via Bob Pullen, perhaps?) of the failure to install as per their order and insist that a proper, qualified Openreach engineer be booked to put things right.

As for the number of disconnects/reconnects that have happened today, they are not taken into account. According to the relevant SIN, the DLM will only intervene on the second day following service provision. Bald_Eagle1 will be the person to provide a 'fuller translation'.  ;)

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »

D'oh!  ::)
As for the number of disconnects/reconnects that have happened today, they are not taken into account. According to the relevant SIN, the DLM will only intervene on the second day following service provision. Bald_Eagle1 will be the person to provide a 'fuller translation'.  ;)
Yes, B*Kat is correct.  DLM will not interven until the NEXT day (assuming sync has been achieved).
but the VDSL socket is nearly 4cm deeper.
Yes, ridiculously big and ugly.  Who needs it, really?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:14 PM »

A competent jobbing builder or handyman should be capable of fitting a recessed backing-box into that wall and by doing so, will reduce the depth of the protuberance.

b*cat wonders if B*Sheep might fancy taking Mrs Sheep on a day trip to Blackpool? He could drop Senior Management off at an amusement arcade (by the Tower), nip around to The Kittery and perform some quality remedial corrections.  :D

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:39 PM »

A competent jobbing builder or handyman should be capable of fitting a recessed backing-box into that wall and by doing so, will reduce the depth of the protuberance.
Easier (and cheaper) to remove the SSFP and use a dongle!  :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

anything