Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Speedtouch 585 v6  (Read 32712 times)

shape

Re: Speedtouch 585 v6
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »

Hi,
   sorry to revive an old thread but i thought it most relevant here.
I have been running the tool routerstats, seeing a noise spike around the same time every night.
Tonight after talking to my neighbour last night, we went to his and turned on his tv, sky and router, his normal routine when he gets in with his son around six.
Nothing, after a bit i returned home, and saw a noise spike forcing a resync of my router.
I popped back around to discover he had just turned on his kitchen and utility room lights, also his normal routine of letting his dogs out.
We tried replicating this to no avail.
We are going to try again thursday, as i'm at work morrow night.
I may of found the source of REIN, he explained his kitchen lights where always blowing the bulbs.
Fingers crossed, he is as keen as me, as he explained his BB was poor, but he had give up with indian customer support.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

No need to apologise; this is really interesting. If you can get a reproducible result that would be great.
  Eric

setecio

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

Not sure whether to post here or start a new thread on REIN .... but .... how does REIN get transmitted and what does it affect ?

Does it get transmitted through the air or through electrical wiring or through telephone cables ?

Does it get transmitted through the air and affect the modem, or through the air and affect the adsl signal on the telephone line.

I presume it can't get transmitted down a neighbours telephone line as surely this would go back to exchange without transferring across to neighbouring properties ?

So in the case above, if it was something in the neighbour's house ..... how would it get across to affect shape's house ?

shape

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

REIN<
Somewhere, when i look better there is some excellent explanations on this great site. (edit to follow)
I'm not sure where I mentioned that the last openreach engineer to visit explained to me where loads of customers where losing there adsl.
It turned out to be some blokes sky box, which has the telephone lead plugged in. (if you have/had sky you'll know what i mean)
The sky box was making so much noise and transmitting down his phone line, and affecting other ADSL customers, knocking there service off.
So i suppose it can go down the phone line affecting other people.
It can be transmitted across the airwaves and induced into phone lines.
I think in my case his lights are producing a huge electro magnetic pulse, which my router, or cable from my router to BT master socket is picking up.
In fact if i remember correctly one coil can induce a electrical current into another via electrical magnetic force.
I'm excited to say the least, which I suppose is sad really, but after four months, lol.
Roseway, thanks for being interested :-)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:35:55 PM by shape »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]