Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLstats v3.6 released  (Read 7020 times)

xreyuk

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats v3.6 released
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »

Hi Eric,

Still having the access violation here unforunately.

I've also noticed that when I get an access violation and close the program in the GUI, when I go into the CLI I can see the program is still running, and is using 100% CPU (I went to check as I noticed performance on the server has slowed)

I don't know if this is just a debian thing or what, but would appreciate any help :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »

I really would like to get to the bottom of this, but I need a sequence of events leading up to the access violation so I can home in on the cause. I'm sure it's not related to Debian - I use Debian myself, and I've got both 32-bit and 64-bit machines which run DSLstats at various times.

The fact that the process is still running when it's closed after an access violation, and the 100% CPU, are possible clues. I'll have another look with those things in mind. The other thing I could do is build a debug version which you could try if you're familiar with using GDB.
  Eric

xreyuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »

Unfortunately not familiar with GDB, if it's not hard and I could find out what I'm looking for then I could help you out, but you might have to tell me :)

Thanks for your help :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

I'm afraid that GDB is a bit of a geek's tool, and I'm not competent to teach anyone else how to use it. I only use it within the confines of the development system, where it's integrated in a much more friendly fashion.

Looking back over the history of this issue, I'm tempted to conclude that there's something about the DGN2200 which DSLstats isn't handling correctly. Could you copy the contents of Telnet data --> Connection stats to me, and I'll check whether there's anything there which I'm missing.

By the way, I'm just about to release v3.7. It won't fix your problem, but I didn't want to hold it up. If I do locate the source of your problem I'll upload a fix immediately.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:25:31 PM by roseway »
  Eric

xreyuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »

No problem, if you can't fix it you can't fix it! It appears no one else is having this problem so don't try and fix it especially for me :)

Thanks again.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:56 PM »

It's certainly my intention to solve it, just proving a bit intractable at present.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything