Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats v3.5 released  (Read 12793 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DSLstats v3.5 released
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »

..  and another request...  option to record attenuation please.   

I know this isnt something that normally needs to be recorded, but atm my upstream atten seems to be jumping between 5 and 10 dB.  Ive just put Routerstats on to record for now, so again no hurry, but a possible request to add to your list for future  - thank you  :flower:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 10:54:32 AM »

Eric this isnt imperative, because I am sure you have more important things to do....   but is it possible to add an auto-resume from pause after 'x' time option.

This is because idiot me pauses dslstats to scroll back and look at the stats say over the past 12 hours..  then totally forgets to resume recording.  I have done this so many times now  :-[

---
Edit to show the latest kitz dumb blonde moment... Id scrolled back at 7am to see what had been happening overnight..   and it was only at 9.15 when I checked the state of the line again cause Im loosing sync..  that I realised none of it had been recorded. :(

Having looked at dsl stats again, I think it may be because when dslstats is on pause, the triangle 'play' button is in green.
I think my brain must automatically register green means that its recording, so it doesnt stand out to me that the program is in pause mode?

Dumb blonde? I don't think so.

I'm sure I can add that feature quite easily.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »

..  and another request...  option to record attenuation please.   

I know this isnt something that normally needs to be recorded, but atm my upstream atten seems to be jumping between 5 and 10 dB.  Ive just put Routerstats on to record for now, so again no hurry, but a possible request to add to your list for future  - thank you  :flower:

Yes, I can do that. I don't know what you think, but it doesn't really seem worth graphing (although it would be easy enough to do). Perhaps a simple text record of times and values when it changes?
  Eric

xreyuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately I'm still getting the access violation on Debian x64 (I thought it had gone but it hadn't)

Anything we can go through to try and look at this?

Thanks again :)

I'm sorry about this. Can you give any more information about what the program is doing when the access violation occurs? It's quite safe to press the OK button ("Press OK and risk losing data") when you get the error message, then you can check the event log to see if anything is recorded there.

Hi Eric,

I've checked the program log and all it says is that it's unable to retrieve stats. When I log back in and see the violation error, it's just like the program has frozen, and hasn't done anything since the violation. I click okay, and must restart the program before it'll start working again.

I'm using this on Debian Squeeze x64.

Thanks again for your help.

P.S I thought this had solved itself in 3.2, but when the server was restarted after updates, it happened again. It's still happening in 3.5.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 11:12:36 PM »

Can you remind me what router you're using?

By the way, version 3.6 (just released) has some additional error trapping, so it's just possible that it will fix the problem, even though I haven't been able yet to identify the source.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »

Thank you Eric, that would be great
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

xreyuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »

Can you remind me what router you're using?

By the way, version 3.6 (just released) has some additional error trapping, so it's just possible that it will fix the problem, even though I haven't been able yet to identify the source.

Hey,

It's a Netgear DGN2200. I'll give the new version a go :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything