Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Source for conduit?  (Read 2083 times)

Source for conduit?
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »

Anyone know where I could source the grey conduit and enclosure used on underground phone cables - its a two-part wall-mounted cover/conduit that runs between the entry point to the property and the underground duct. Ours is cracked and has seen better days, wasn't visible until we had the drive work done but looks a bit crap now.

Hopefully I've described it well enough that someone knows what I'm talking about. I'm not getting anywhere with google searches on this :(

Re: Source for conduit?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »

I must be losing the plot :D

The logical thing to do is remove the conduit/box which I did today. Inside both the conduit and box there were BT type/part numbers so I called the local builders merchant and its £15 for the pair. Cheap enough but a bit of a ripoff for a couple of bits of PVC.

Another bloody job for the weekend - I'm renewing some UPVC guttering/moving a downpipe which is a pain in the backside due to the canopy (roof) over the integral garage precluding the use of a ladder there. Cost of parts = £50 but with the working at height regs now it means scaffolding which is £200. In this instance I'm not paying 200 quid plus as all I need to do is unclip two sections, take two screws out, slot in the new section of guttering and put the screws back. Been up there plenty of times and worst case is I fall 12 feet or so onto grass (or swamp as it is after last year :P ).