Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: FTTC 'Go live' dates.  (Read 90527 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: FTTC 'Go live' dates.
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I do sympathise with some of the things we get wrong, or seem lethargic about.  :)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »

'Low hanging fruit' is the work that will get done first.
BT will get round to the problem areas eventually but easier & quicker work will take priority ..... profits\targets rule.
Maximise what you can get your engineers to do, hence the pressure they are under to do everything as quickly as possible.
The main pain as a ultimate customer is the lack of visibility of the reason for the delay.
It may be 100% valid to do other things but you don't know why and I understand the frustration completely.
It is the way BT works and will not change unless there is an incentive to do so.
You cannot force a private company to do anything it does not want to do unless it is breaking some law. (And then you need to be 'persistent' :D )
 :( :(

That ...... right there ..... is what should be at the head of any new topic raised. It's admirable folk want to take an interest in FTTC roll-out, DLM, Rambo and so on ...... but to insist or expect a private company to make available their business-doings to all and sundry is simply ridiculous.

This isn't aimed at this thread btw, just a generalisation.  :)

@Black Sheep
Thanks for the support.
I appreciate your frustration on the other side of the fence as well.
I thought it needed to be said as frustrated as we are as customers the fact BT is private changes all expectations.
(These expectations are caused by the fact that a vital service is provide by what is now a private company but old attitudes still prevail from 'public ownership' days  ;D :D )

We will soon be going through the same pain as the 'private Post Office' changes in ways we do not approve of.  :(

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »

Not sure I've picked the right thread, but I just decided to check my FTTC availability, which was showing as 31st Dec 2014 last week.
Given we have some live cabinets on my exchange I was hoping for a more accurate estimate.

31st December 2015.  >:D
And it stayed that way for a whole year, right until yesterday.

Now showing 30-Jun-16.  >:D

This is the ONLY cabinet on our exchange not FTTC enabled.  :'(

Is there any way I can find out what on earth is going on, everyone else has had FTTC available for one or two years now?

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »

> but old attitudes still prevail from 'public ownership' days

Indeed so. This is what is wrong with me!  ???
See my Stalinist Rant, along the lines of 'if I ruled the world'

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Not sure I've picked the right thread, but I just decided to check my FTTC availability, which was showing as 31st Dec 2014 last week.
Given we have some live cabinets on my exchange I was hoping for a more accurate estimate.

31st December 2015.  >:D
And it stayed that way for a whole year, right until yesterday.

Now showing 30-Jun-16.  >:D

This is the ONLY cabinet on our exchange not FTTC enabled.  :'(

Is there any way I can find out what on earth is going on, everyone else has had FTTC available for one or two years now?

Perhaps it might help if you mentioned which exchange and cabinet?

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2016, 05:40:04 PM »

No need, as mentioned in another thread (where I think I commented) here's a new/better tool. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
This says that
We're connecting power to the new fibre cabinet and joining the new fibre lines to the existing copper network. You can't order a fibre service today but typically it'll be available to your premises within the next four months.
I've tried asking BTOR directly why it keeps getting delayed but they just waffle.  :'(

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »

typically it'll be available to your premises within the next four months
Well the BT web site is still saying that, 3 months later.
But today I saw two BTOR vans (big ones!) parked near my new FTTC cabinet and the front was open with someone working inside.
It's on a main road and I was driving so I couldn't stop and see what kit was inside but there was definitely a fair bit visible. Fingers crossed for progress soon.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

It's on a main road and I was driving so I couldn't stop

I think, given the delays, that an emergency "ran out of fuel" would have been appropriate!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

anything