Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DSLstats v3.2 released  (Read 16289 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v3.2 released
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

Having thought about this, I don't think I want to rely on external websites to get IP address information. At the moment, DSLstats is self-contained and doesn't rely on anything external (apart from my own website). If the information isn't available from the modem/router, then my second line of approach will be to see if I can use my website to return the information.

As Stuart said, the custom command interface will provide a means of getting any additional information from the modem/router, although I suppose that if the device is in bridged mode there won't be any way to get the external IP address from it.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »

I wouldn't care I was gunna suggest that you use your website but I didn't know if you'd want that incase it had lot of overheads from traffic. Etc... Hence the suggestion to use external websites..

Sent from my Sony Xperia Miro on Tapatalk

Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »

BTW  and out of general curiosity, is there any sort of list of which routers are compatible with Roseways s/ware?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »

BTW  and out of general curiosity, is there any sort of list of which routers are compatible with Roseways s/ware?

The software itself has a drop-down list of supported routers, but it would be a good idea if Eric put this on the website for reference as well.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »

It is on the website, but I guess the link isn't very clear. It's linked from the home page, in the second paragraph. I'll add a more obvious link when I revise it next. http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/routers.html
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »

It is on the website, but I guess the link isn't very clear. It's linked from the home page, in the second paragraph. I'll add a more obvious link when I revise it next. http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/routers.html

Yes I missed that  :-[ , might be a good idea to have it as a clickable link at the top....

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »

Thanks, but somehow I thought the 582n was not compatible! Any limitations, easy to set up?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »

Thanks, but somehow I thought the 582n was not compatible! Any limitations, easy to set up?

DSLstats does work with the TG582N (Kitz uses it :) ). If you haven't changed the router's IP address from its default setting, then all you should need to do is select the TG582N from the drop-down list and enter the password in the relevant box. The password is the same one as you use when logging into the router using a browser. Then press the green button and you should be rolling.

There are some limitations, which apply to all Thomson/Technicolor routers, but the main functions of the program work.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 05:14:45 PM »

I will play when Erin Dors has little for me to do! ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »

I am having one silly little problem: I cannot see how to permanently save the configuration. :baby: :-[

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 07:41:25 AM »

It happens automatically. When you start recording, and when you close down the program, the configuration is saved to a file called dslstats.ini in the same directory as the other dslstats files.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »

Just a little update on things discussed in this thread:

- I've implemented a custom CLI command feature in which you can configure the program to send commands to the router at specified times. As this duplicates the rather clumsy "First login" capability on the "Special login" page, I've removed the latter.

- The program now reports your IP address (as seen by the outside world) in the event log. I collect this information from my website. When you start a recording session, and any time the IP address changes, a log entry is made with a timestamp.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »

I'm losing settings once I close, and have to enter router details etc on next opening.

What the >:D am I doing wrong ? router is 582N

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:13 PM »

Close the program correctly once instead of just shutting down your PC.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »

Version 3.2 should save its settings when you press the "Start recording" button. Is there a file called dslstats.ini in the same directory as dslstats.exe?
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything