Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: BT Modem type 1B-HUAWEI HG533, help please.  (Read 43155 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT Modem type 1B-HUAWEI HG533, help please.
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »

Here is an action list for you to follow, d*mause:
  • Disconnect the HG612 modem from everything except for its power supply.
  • Power-up the HG612.
  • Whilst is is stabilising, connect an Ethernet cable to its LAN2 port and the other end of that cable directly to the Ethernet port of the computer from which you will be performing the configuration task.
  • Push and hold the Reset button for ten seconds. Release the button and wait for the HG612 to reset and stabilise.
  • Open your favourite web-browser and enter the 192.168.1.1 address into the browser's address bar.
  • You should now see the Huawei login screen. Login with admin & admin.
  • Left-click on Basic, left-click on LAN.
  • Under the LAN Host Settings heading, change the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 and left-click on Submit.
  • You will immediately loose all communication with the HG612. (Remember my earlier analogy with green and red coloured phones?)
  • Close the web-browser, wait for a few seconds and re-open the web browser.
  • Enter the 192.168.1.254 addess into the browser's address bar.
  • You should now see the Huawei login screen.
Once you get to this point, you will have successfully reconfigured the HG612's address.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Hai, see the image attached. :)

Edit: The DHCP server isn't enabled on the HG612, if yours is something weird is happening. :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:01:18 PM by ryant704 »

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »

Apologies if this has been considered and dismissed as a possible reason for problems.

?Browser incompatibility?

For example my Dlink is OK with Firefox when connected to a phone line and working/operating BUT when I'm accessing it standalone not conected to a phone line for say firmware flashing then only Internet Explorer is acceptable: it will not respond to Firefox.

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

I believe he has tried Firefox and Internet explorer

derfledermause

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »

OK gentlemen, now I am scared to death bearing in mind what has gone on before. I have burakkucat giving concise instruction, ryant704, with a warning about the DHCP server. No matter, I began to follow instruction correctly, changed my computer to 192.168.1.100, then started to go down the list. All went well till I changed the address to 192.168.1.254. As before, the DHCP box had a yellow frame around it and the warning message about two IP addresses clashing. No matter, keep going, which I did, "left click on submit" OK, but nothing happened, the screen just stayed there. So I logged of manually and closed the browser. Now, leaving the computer with 192.168.1.100, opened my browser and tried to log on with 192.168.1.254, no joy, "You are not connected to a network". My fault, I had not changed the computer IP address, so did so, back to automatic. Still no joy, "you are not connected to a network". OK, lets try again, change the computer back to 192.168.1.100, access my browser and ask for 192.168.1.1, Log on no problem, change the IP address as instructed to 192.168.1.254, ignore the yellow warning box and log out. Log back in again and "BASIC" then "LAN" and, the IP address is sitting at 192.168.1.1. IT WILL NOT LET ME CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS TO 192.168.1.254.
OK, sensibility again, there has to be a reason why, in burakkucat's instruction, Item 4; RESET button for 10 seconds, this obviously resets something. Bearing in mind previous problems, I kept it pressed for 20 seconds and waited quit a long time before attempting the next instruction. I have tried the process twice and although the IP address screen, an image of which ryant704 kindly sent me, when I change the address then click "submit", nothing happens!!. I should "loose communication" as burakkucat indicates in his instruction. It does nothing and I have to log out manually. What am I doing wrong?, I don't think I am, so start looking for that which could be wrong. The power units?, I have two, the old one, that's the one from the HG612 that went belly up shows; 12.17V dc, the new one shows; 11.8V dc. these are obviously "No load" voltages, I have no way of checking the "on load" voltages. There is a communication cable from the port on the computer to "LAN2" on the HG612, A mains powered PSU with power connector to the HG612 and a reset switch. I have successfully flashed the firmware, all I have to do now is change the IP address of the HG612, how hard can it be and what would stop it happening. Honestly, I have looked at this for some time now and I cannot see where I am going wrong. I have all the relevant instructions copied from the KITZ site so that I do not make a mistake, the fact remains that it will not allow me to change the IP address of the HG612.
Thank you,
regards,
derfledermause.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »

How about trying to change it to some other IP address e.g. 192.168.1.200, 192.168.1.150 or 192.168.1.27 etc?
i.e. anything lower than 254.

The DHCP Server 'Enable' box should be unticked, as should any other tickable boxes in that screen.

While you are trying to reset the modem's IP address, the computer's own IP address needs to be fixed at 192.168.1.100

derfledermause

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »

Thank you Bald_Eagle1, I carried out burakkucat's instructions again but changed the IP address to 192.168.1.200. as you suggested. The first thing I noticed was that I could not "Log out", that is what the instructions said would happen. Now close the browser, reopen the browser and open 192.168.1.200.  At this point I stripped naked, shouted "Eureka" jumped into the bath and measured the amount of water that had spilt!!!. The HG612 is operating as it should. Now I will close down, install the equipment as directed and hopefully try to start and use the stats software.
regards,
derfledermause.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »

The Eagle has landed ........... so to speak.  ;) ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »

At this point I stripped naked, shouted "Eureka" jumped into the bath and measured the amount of water that had spilt!!!

Too much information! ;D
  Eric

derfledermause

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

OK fellows, Equipment, HG612-HG533 cabled correctly and DLStats started, it has logged on and seems to be operating OK. Bare in mind that this is the first time I have had the program running, so don't know what to expect.  First, can I say a big thank you to those who obviously did a lot of work to crack these devices and allow us to monitor our line stats. Asbokid, Bald_Eagle, burakkucat, ryant704, roseway and those that I have not met yet. Also the same thanks to these same people for steering me through what became a somewhat daunting process. However, these instructions, given in good faith, in my case, did not work, this is NOT a complaint, more a case of "why". If it can be found out "why" then maybe some other poor soul  doesn't have the problems I had. With the first HG612, I honestly do not know why it went wrong, I did create a misdemeanour in that I did plug and unplug cables with the power on, something I know you should never do. With the "new" HG612, everything went OK till it came to changing the IP address to 192.168.1.254. No doubt this has been an instruction used many times before, why did it not work this time?. When instructed to try another numeral in place of 254, in this case 200, all worked. However, what little I do know on this subject leads me to believe that there are some numbers that you cannot use for this replacement as they would clash with others.
As I am writing this post, I minimised DSLStats, I have gone to see how its working and it is off line. I assume that you must not minimise the program?. Of course, the other thing to do is read the help file, something one never does till forced to do so.
Once again, many thanks for all your help.
regards,
derfledermause.
PS: If I want to ask questions about the software monitoring programs, do I carry on on this post or open another post?.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

PS: If I want to ask questions about the software monitoring programs, do I carry on on this post or open another post?.

It would be better to start a new thread, I think.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »

It would be better to start a new thread, I think.

I'll second that advice.  :)

Congratulations in 'getting there' (eventually).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

derfledermause

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

Hello, hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend. One last request, where do I find Bald_Eagle1's software please?.
Thank you,
regards,
derfledermause.

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »

One last request, where do I find Bald_Eagle1's software please?.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12284.0.html

Link to the software in a couple of posts down
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything