Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday Quiz. Dec 7th.  (Read 7330 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
Friday Quiz. Dec 7th.
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »

Do you remember what happened in November? Well that is what the quiz is about this week,  BUT any November, not just last month.

Good Luck:
It Happened In November.

1. In 1864, Charles Dodgson had his first children’s book published but what was his pen name?

2. November 26th 1942 saw the premiere of Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart. Who was his leading lady?

3. Britain’s first pillar box was erected in November 1852 on which island?

4. On 23rd Nov. 1888, the Marx Brother who never spoke on screen was born in New York. What was he called?

5. In November 1963 who is alleged to have killed the assassin of John F. Kennedy?

6. November 1970 saw Stephanie Rhan boost the circulation figures of the Sun newspaper. How?

7. Birthdays in November but put these in order eldest to youngest.
    A)  Nerys Hughes
    B)  Tina Turner
    C)  Billy Jean King

8. What Royal Navy rank did Prince Phillip hold when he married Princess Elizabeth in Nov 1947?

9. Anthony Blunt was stripped of his knighthood in 1979 after being exposed as the fourth man in the Burgess, ( X ) and ( Y ) spy scandal. Who were the other two, ( X ) & ( Y )?

10. Nov 6th 1942 saw the Church of England relax one of its rules that had compelled women to do what?

dave

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
Re: Friday Quiz. Dec 7th.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 01:32:50 PM »

1. In 1864, Charles Dodgson had his first children’s book published but what was his pen name?

Lewis Carroll

2. November 26th 1942 saw the premiere of Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart. Who was his leading lady?

Ingrid Bergman

Isle of Man (although I’m dithering with Wight!)

4. On 23rd Nov. 1888, the Marx Brother who never spoke on screen was born in New York. What was he called?

Harpo

5. In November 1963 who is alleged to have killed the assassin of John F. Kennedy?

Errrr… Lee Harvey Oswald  :no:

6. November 1970 saw Stephanie Rhan boost the circulation figures of the Sun newspaper. How?

First Page 3 girl maybe?

A)  Nerys Hughes
    B)  Tina Turner
    C)  Billy Jean King

B, A, C

8. What Royal Navy rank did Prince Phillip hold when he married Princess Elizabeth in Nov 1947?

Lieutenant?

9. Anthony Blunt was stripped of his knighthood in 1979 after being exposed as the fourth man in the Burgess, ( X ) and ( Y ) spy scandal. Who were the other two, ( X ) & ( Y )?

Pass - but I’ve met Anthony Blunt’s cousin, he worked with hubby for a while (can’t remember his name, despite us all spending an afternoon on the lash)

10. Nov 6th 1942 saw the Church of England relax one of its rules that had compelled women to do what?

I guess something that was becoming scarce/rationed… wear stockings

Plenty of guesses as usual  :-X

Thanks Dave  :graduate:

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »

1. In 1864, Charles Dodgson had his first children’s book published but what was his pen name?   Lewis Carrol

2. November 26th 1942 saw the premiere of Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart. Who was his leading lady?        Ingrid Bergman   

Guernsey

4. On 23rd Nov. 1888, the Marx Brother who never spoke on screen was born in New York. What was he called?     Harpo

5. In November 1963 who is alleged to have killed the assassin of John F. Kennedy?   Lee Harvey Oswald

6. November 1970 saw Stephanie Rhan boost the circulation figures of the Sun newspaper. How?  PASS... unless they gave it away I would think that was nigh on impossible    :lol:  :lol:

A) Nerys Hughes
B) Tina Turner
C) Billy Jean King      BCA

8. What Royal Navy rank did Prince Phillip hold when he married Princess Elizabeth in Nov 1947?    PASS

Burgess, MacLean and Philby

Perhaps Obey in the marriage service

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:51:46 PM »

Lewis Carroll

Ingrid Bergman

Guernsey

Harpo

Jack Ruby

First Page 3 Girl

A)  Nerys Hughes
    B)  Tina Turner
    C)  Billy Jean King
BAC

Lieutenant

Philby & Maclean

Wear a hat in church.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:20:13 PM »

ummmm

I think I'll pass this week rather than show my total ignorance   :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »

Lewis Carroll

Ingrid Bergman

Isle of Wight (pure guess)

Pass

Pass

First topless page 3 model (Rahn, not Rhan by the way)

A)  Nerys Hughes
    B)  Tina Turner
    C)  Billy Jean King

B C A

Lieutenant?

Philby, Maclean

Wear hats in church?

Eric

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »

Some very good scores there.
Well done everyone.
It Happened In November. With answers.

Lewis Carroll

Ingrid Bergman

Jersey. In the capital, St Helier

Harpo Marx

Jack Ruby was accused of killing Lee Harvey Oswald 

She was the first topless Page 3 girl

A)  Nerys Hughes
    B)  Tina Turner
    C)  Billy Jean King

B. Tina Turner (68)  A. Nerys Hughes (66)  C. Billy Jean King (64)

Lieutenant

Maclean and Philby

Wear hats in church

dave

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 07:37:18 PM »

Another good one Dave. Thanks :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 03:46:18 AM »

Yep thanks Dave

although I am glad I abstaned on this one.. :-[
 at least no-one knows how many  I would have got wrong  ;D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker