Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: At long last !!  (Read 28776 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: At long last !!
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »

FAO Mr Eagle.

Just screen shots showing functionality for WB 'Crosstalk' (Noise), and WB Impulse Noise (REIN). Not connected to anything so only measuring the distance and make-up of the 1mtr test leads attached to the JDSU.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »

FAO Mr Eagle.

Thank you, kind Sir.

Some more interesting snaps for my now extensive album.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

You're welcome.  :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »

That's the way to do it ^^^^^^^^  ;) ;D

Puppy

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »

Praying for FTTC

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »

pmsl ............. I remember those days, Puppy !! A certain Mr Bell was involved, if memory serves ??  :lol:

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »

magnificent speeds!  You deserve it! What was the cause of the "bridge tap" error message in the end?

cheers, a

Puppy

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2013, 08:15:01 PM »

pmsl ............. I remember those days, Puppy !! A certain Mr Bell was involved, if memory serves ??  :lol:

Are you sure in wasn't Adam & Eve! :P
Praying for FTTC

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 08:15:01 PM »

OK, so does this mean that you think
a) DLM has relented in the face of the 'disappearance' of the 'phantom' bridged tap ?
b) that the old ADSL tie pair was the bridged tap despite the E-side filters?

Think carefully before replying as a lot of people might be very interested in the answer!  :lol:  ;) :)

BTW
My only thoughts are, that still the WHOOSH GEA test shows as 'Bridged Tap - fault within EU's wiring/Premises'. Obviously, this is not so, but am wondering how this may cause genuine confusion to others on the test-desks or out in the field ??
I guess there could be a simpler answer to that question: It is simply the 'interpretation' of the result by whoever programmed the text - on the basis that there are never (obviously) bridged taps on OR's side of the NTE.  ;) :lol:

Congrats anyway.  Fancy a Ryanair trip to Glasgow?  ;D

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »

That seems a high upload speed for ADSL with a poor dl speed, you sure everything as it should be? Be grateful I was stuck at less than 1 Mbps for years!

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »

D'ya know Asbo, I haven't got the foggiest ??? The only things left that I hadn't got involved with, was an E-side change, VDSL Port, or VDSL Ties between PCP's.

Each and every time I ran a WHOOSH test, I got the dreaded 'Bridged Tap' result. Only when I removed the ADSL mapping in the Exchange (which in theory shouldn't have any effect), did I get my first ever good WHOOSH result. However, the very next WHOOSH test (approx. 10 mins later), returned a 'Bridged Tap' fault yet again.

Sod it, I thought, and did a 'recalc' of my circuit and it synch'd up at the full 80/20. Since then, every test I've performed on WHOOSH returns a great result ?? Baffled, you're not kidding. I honestly wanted to drill down to what the actual reason was to the 'Bridged Tap' results !!!! I'm happy but angry at the same time, if you get my drift ??  ::) ;D

Thanks for the 'thanks', btw ...... that was taken whilst my btter half is hammering 'Candy Crush' on her i-Pad. I think I could add a couple more Megs on that DS figure if she would only cook, clean and iron like what women should ??!! <hopefully kitz will miss this icon>.  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

Whoops, sorry Colin, didn't see your reply until after I'd responded to Asbo. As in that response, I've no damned idea as to how or why the elusive 'Tap' result has disappeared ?? I wish it was otherwise, believe me.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »

That seems a high upload speed for ADSL with a poor dl speed, you sure everything as it should be? Be grateful I was stuck at less than 1 Mbps for years!

I'm assuming you're referring to 'Puppys' stats, Ryan ?? I have to say, I don't see anything wrong with those results myself ??  :)

Puppy

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »

I'm assuming you're referring to 'Puppys' stats, Ryan ?? I have to say, I don't see anything wrong with those results myself ??  :)

I believe he is, just to slow for a multi device family (Smart TV, Ipad, PC, sky catch up and 4 smart phones) :'(
Praying for FTTC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

anything