Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: At long last !!  (Read 28750 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: At long last !!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

Yes, Frank, Bob and Alan (aka Amit, Pranav and Samir), are just 3 of the total off-shore advisors that I personally get poor feedback about, regarding BT.
They are well-educated, very polite, and well-versed in the English language. Although able to speak our language, it's often extremely hard to understand what it is they're actually saying ?? Add 'crib-sheet' faulting techniques into the mix, along with a plethora of, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that, can you say it again ?", and you have an angry EU at the end of the conversation.
Stating there's nothing wrong with the line, and that "It's your fault and you will be charged heavily if you have an engineering visit", also fuels the already smouldering fire.

I'd much rather we had CC Advisors from wrong side of th'hill (Yaaaaarkshire), than our colleagues off-shore.  ;) ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 01:12:34 AM »

Selling VDSL to your average broadband customer was always going to be tricky.

For starters, DSL has this reputation of not delivering what is promised, which unfortunately due to the nature of the technology is partly true.  This of course is why its being sold as "fibre" broadband, sneakily hiding the VDSL aspect entirely, to try and convince people its better than what they are used to. 

But there are a lot of people who treat it like they do voting "Why bother, they are all the same!".  They are wrong of course, but they are the kind of people its VERY hard to convince otherwise.

I do not think "what I have now is good enough for me" is quite as prevalent as people think either.  I think the problem again is that people are used to YouTube stalling, gaming being crap (so much so games are written to perform WORSE on low latency connections now, how stupid), things just generally loading like sludge and they "think" that is normal and they can't get any better than that.

Its not helped by BT Retail either, with these silly adverts proclaiming the HomeHub as the second-coming of christ.  No BT, the HomeHub isn't going to allow 10 students to Skype chat to their boyfriends simultaneously over WiFi, even on VDSL I doubt WiFi is up to the task there as the overheads of so many devices at the same time will be shocking.  I'm not aware of any techie who would be caught dead using a HomeHub, because they really aren't all that good.  What they SHOULD be pushing is that the broadband itself allows these things, but no its all about the HomeHub.  So when someone buys the product and can't even get the WiFi for a single device to do full speed, its not going to make them feel like promoting the service to their friends.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:16:00 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »

There is little doubt that a major culture change is required which probably won't happen before Openreach is segregated entirely. Here is a typical (edited) example of the convoluted processes a knowledgeable EU is obliged to follow just to get an acknowledged phone line fault repaired, as there is no direct communication possible from the fault reporting web page. The fundamental problem India hasn't understood is that BT Openreach do not maintain the web page describing what they are doing. It is acknowledged that fault finding on the ageing PSTN is a complex matter but just fobbing the EU off with silence and doing nothing to repair the fault is quite unacceptable.

Sneha Udayakumar: Hello. I'm Sneha Udayakumar. Thanks for that information, I'll check it and get back to you in a moment.

(A screen shot of the fault report web page was sent to India. EU’s phone fault 09-15 14Apr2013 A/c No.tiff)

File attachment upload has started.
 The file EU-s phone fault 09-15 14Apr2013 TH1009xxxx.tiff (180.26KB) was received.
 Sneha Udayakumar: I am sorry that the line is still not working
 Sneha Udayakumar: Just give me a moment let me check that for you
 EU: Hello Sneha, Can you please expedite the repair.
 Sneha Udayakumar: ya sure just give me a moment please
 Sneha Udayakumar: I am checking the tracker now to see the process of the fault
 EU: Thank you
 Sneha Udayakumar: I could see that the fault was supposed to be fixed by the 10.04.2013 right ?
 Sneha Udayakumar: I can see no updates written on the tracker let me quickly call the open reach to make it quicker for you
 EU: Yes BT are supposed to fix faults within 3 working days of the first report and clearly this particular fault is long overdue. I have not been told what BT are doing about the fault either. Thanks for calling the open reach too.
 Sneha Udayakumar: The open reach told that because of the busy schedule they could not assign an engineer they have assigned the engineer now and told hopefully the line would be working by the end of tomorrow
 Sneha Udayakumar: I am extremely sorry that they had not kept you informed about it
 Sneha Udayakumar: They also apologised for the same
 EU: Thank you. Given the state of the network locally perhaps BT should have more engineers ?
 Sneha Udayakumar: Yes i completely agree with that
 EU: Thank you for trying on my behalf. I hope that BT will not require further reminders on this and similar problems.
 Sneha Udayakumar: as there had been such a long delay i will make sure you will be compensated for this
 EU: Anyway thank you for trying., Good bye.
 Sneha Udayakumar: Definitely not i have also activated message service from my end so that you get the updates
 Sneha Udayakumar: Thanks for contacting us on chat, to disconnect, click on the 'disconnect' button in the top right of the chat window & close. Good bye
 Sneha Udayakumar: Have a great day !!!
 EU: Good bye and you too please enjoy the rest of your evening.
 Sneha Udayakumar has disconnected.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:13:18 AM by waltergmw »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »

Up and running .......  ;) ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

....  but is that it?

come on tell us about the install... or was it done by yours truly ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »

Fraid so ........... even I can't move the PCP nearer to my premises !!  ;D ;D

Yeah, I prepped everything so that the engineer with the task only had to perform the PCP work. I didn't even stay at home as I'm very, very busy sorting other stuff out atm. I've gone from 8Meg DS throughput to approx. 43Meg DS, all gratis. If I appear happy, it's because I am. Mwaaaaaaaaahhh.  :P ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »

>>> I didn't even stay at home

tsk tsk.. so who provided the bacon butties then  ;D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »

To me and my wife ?? A local greasy spoon that do excellent bacon and egg butties. Alas, for my brother-in-arms ...... nobody. :no: :-[ ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »

Well Im chuffed for you Mr_BS :)

You are excused from service  this evening whilst you play with your new speeds :thumbs:
-----

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »

He he he ................ too tired tbh. Large glass of vino and beddy-bye's for this hombre. Cheers, Kitz.  ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »

Weyhey. Finally, you have become one of us instead of one of them  :clap:

One one hand, I sincerely hope you enjoy a long and happy relationship with your connection.

On the other, how cool would it be if you had lots of problems, diagnosed & fixed them & advised us other EUs specifically what to mention to a visiting engineer whenever we experience similar problems  ;) ;)

I also have to ask, what's the distance to the cabinet?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »

Weyhey. Finally, you have become one of us instead of one of them  :clap:

One one hand, I sincerely hope you enjoy a long and happy relationship with your connection.

On the other, how cool would it be if you had lots of problems, diagnosed & fixed them & advised us other EUs specifically what to mention to a visiting engineer whenever we experience similar problems  ;) ;)

I also have to ask, what's the distance to the cabinet?

Ha ha, I know where you are coming from, BE. I feel like landed gentry or something. ADSL creatures are way beneath us.  :lol:

LOL at your other comment about me ending up with lots of problems. I will answer your questions later, am hands-full atm and need to find time to get my JDSU connected to my circuit and possibly take some screen shots ?? I can tell you though, I removed my NTE2000 frontplate about 4 months ago, and left the house wiring with the NTE5 upstairs in my 'den', and all internal extentions fed from the normal front-plate, thus using dongle MF's at each socket. The 'Eclipse' test result that my mate (the engineer) performed, which gives the up and down synch speeds, and the line quality indicator, showed a 'Bridged tap'.

Now, I know for fact there isn't a 'bridged tap' by way of star-wiring. So, my point is, that when self-install comes onto the market, there's a good chance that 'Bridged tap' may be a common fault report, driven by the DLM aggressively altering the speeds based on this 'false' result ?? Just thinking out loud really, and am tempted to leave my circuit as it is for a week or two to see what happens, before I fit the VDSL frontplate ??

I'll give you the exact distance to Cab when I get my Jeddy on the line, Paul. Time is my enemy as I say. :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »

Help !! I'm trying to paste up some JDSU screen shots, but the JPEG images are showing as roughly 1.9Meg each in size ??!! As 200Kb is the maximum, how can I achieve this ?? Idiots guide please ??  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »

Test

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »

Wey hey !!! Get in there my san !!! Self-taught resizing king that I now am !! :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

anything