Chat > Tech Chat

Mobile phone celebrates 40th anniversary

(1/2) > >>

tickmike:
Have you got one of these new devices yet ?. ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22013228

My phone is a 'cam shell' (broken front screen, dented, scratched  :o) type and when I remember to turn it on when I go out it is used for making the odd phone call but more so taking photo's  :(
The last text took me about half an hour to do a few words to my wife and then she never replied so I do not send any texts now. :'(

Anybody have a phone ? what do you use yours for ?.

roseway:
I'm still trying to get used to these new-fangled pushbutton diallers. :)

UncleUB:

--- Quote from: tickmike on April 03, 2013, 11:42:52 AM ---
Anybody have a phone ? what do you use yours for ?.

--- End quote ---

I have this one

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-omnia-7-900360/review

I use it mainly for calls(due to my hearing difficulties) and surfing the internet,texting is very low on my list.The phone itself is excellent to use,the touch screen is very responsive,only downside is its Windows o/s.My contract is up for renewal end of May.I shall most likely get one with Android o/s.

silversurfer44:
Oh I have one them smart phones. It does everything like surfing, texting all that sort of thing. I'm darned if I can work out how to just make a phone call on it. I have searched and searched for the buttons marked A & B.  ::)
To be honest I'm like the rest of you guys, it's there for an emergency.
My pet hate is when someone asks me for the number, I mean I never, never ring myself self so I have to search all over the phone to find out what the number is. I wrote it down once but I can't find out where I put it.
I wonder if that fella that made the first call on one ever got a call back.
I do remember when they were like a house brick, a bloke came into my local with one and put it in the middle of the table. He kept looking at it expecting someone to call him on it. He had a long wait I can tell you.
Haven't we come a long way. ;D

kitz:
I've had a mobile since the mid/late 90s..(96) iirc. Mostly because at that time I would be visiting different branches/clients and also it made me feel safer when travelling between Leeds and home, which I quite often used to have to do.

It wasn't a brick but it was quite a bit bigger than they these days.   I seldom used the text as there wasn't really anyone else to text so I only ever used it for the phone to landline...  Aside from the fact it used to cost the earth to phone someone who was on a different network to you.

To this day despite having a smart phone, it's still mostly used as a phone, although I do text, take photos, use sat nav and a few other apps etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version