Chat > Tech Chat

Sheddy-cam View

(1/6) > >>

burakkucat:
Once every day, I will check various links that I have bookmarked. One such link is to the Sheddy-cam which shows the garden in Sheddy-land.

On checking that link yesterday and just a moment ago, b*cat was saddened to see that only a rainbow bar display was visible.  :(

It is hoped that there is no serious equipment malfunction in the relevant Sheddy-department at Sheddy-land.  :-\

roseway:
It looks as though the satellite link has gone down. :)

sheddyian:
Oops, sorry I was asleep!   :-[

It's running on Windows XP on an old laptop with a broken screen.  I think this is the optimum shed computer.

What happened was this :

I applied yesterday's Microsoft Security Updates remotely, and rebooted it remotely.

Occasionally after it's rebooted, the webcam fails to initialise.  I must admit I thought I'd resolved that problem, as it's not done it for about 5 months now. 

So, my fault that I didn't check it had restarted ok.

I'll go and kick it shortly.

Ian

sheddyian:
All fixed now!

Anyone is welcome to view my tatty back garden, which has the grand pretensions of being a wildflower meadow, but is currently bare earth, weeds, a birdtable and a little bit of snow, here : http://sheddyian.hopto.org

And before anyone grumbles about it running on Windows, my plan this year is to set up a Raspberry Pi webserver, make it solar powered and move it over to that.  8)

I've currently got one of those car battery top up panels on the shed roof, trickle charging a battery that I use for occasional lighting, so I'll probably expand that in some way to power the pi as well, with mains top up if the weather is bad.

Ian

burakkucat:
Excellent news. I feel a little lost without my daily view of things exotic!  ::)

BGW == SNAFU  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version