Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.5 released  (Read 18653 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.5 released
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »

I am fairly sure the CRC errors are just like the bitswaps.  The peaks of my intermittent CRC were definitely bigger with a longer sample time even if changing peaks of 2 to 4 is not a statistically confident proof.

Yes, that would be the case. The same would have applied to the FEC graph. The cause was one short line of code in the wrong place. I've corrected it now.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »

My point about closing is that if the window is maximised you have to select the systray icon to exit the program which to me just seems odd. If I have it in the systray then fine I can quit it directly without maximising it but not the other way round. Most programs I have which do this also have a file menu item on the main window which has an exit option. It's not a big issue just my 10 penneth...

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:57 PM »

I see your point. If I had a menu, that is what I would do. Of course, a lot of systems will have a system menu at the top left corner of the window.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »

Eric one more small suggestion, on Linux I run with 4 desktops and have rs-ux on no. 3. I obviously can see the systray icon on all desktops but I dont know from the icon if it is minimised or maximised as in both cases the right click shows restore, is it possible to have the right click show restore if it is minimised and then minimise if the main window is open?

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 07:55:52 AM »

Yes Stuart, that's certainly possible. I think I'll probably add another entry to the right-click menu, rather than change the 'Restore' entry, because on multi-desktop systems Restore has some use even when the program isn't minimised - it takes you to the desktop where rs-ux is running.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »

Yes Stuart, that's certainly possible. I think I'll probably add another entry to the right-click menu, rather than change the 'Restore' entry, because on multi-desktop systems Restore has some use even when the program isn't minimised - it takes you to the desktop where rs-ux is running.

Yes I noticed that, again not a big issue just that it would be nice to know if it was maximised somewhere already.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:25 AM »

Doesn't seem to be working for the ZTE. It seems to be stuck after logging in, not displaying any output although at some point it says "Recording started etc". Telnet window shows multiple lines of "blank".

Just a quick point to check - when you set this up you did check the option "Enable special login" on the special login configuration page, didn't you?
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »

On first startup after unzipping, if I select all the options I want I get an error exception and crash with nothing remembered for next time.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this. I've tried setting various combinations of options, but I can't find a combination which makes it crash. Could you possibly describe in detail what you did before pressing the green button?
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »

Back from a cold brrrr walk - am definitely awake now!  This reliably crashes it for me on first start.

fresh unzip  or delete rsw.ini file
  login: select hg622 (anything I think)
  misc: select "exit button minimizes" AND "minimize to system tray"  (this combination seems to be what it does not like on first start.  Second time it is fine!)
  green button ---- access violation ..  OK to ignore ...  Cancel to kill

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

Right, I've got it now. Thanks.
  Eric

Nodens

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »

Doesn't seem to be working for the ZTE. It seems to be stuck after logging in, not displaying any output although at some point it says "Recording started etc". Telnet window shows multiple lines of "blank".

Just a quick point to check - when you set this up you did check the option "Enable special login" on the special login configuration page, didn't you?

Yes I did. I thought that this is what switched from normal login to special login. Did I get that wrong?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »

No, you got it exactly right. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for confirming it.
  Eric

Nodens

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »

No problem:) Let me know if you need anything else.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »

I've produced a diagnostic version 2.52 (Windows only) which logs the activity while it attempts to connect when using the "Special login", and saves the event log to the same directory as the executable after the login completes (or fails). Could I ask you to try this version, set it up in the same way as for v2.51, and start recording. It may actually work this time, but whether it does or not, I'd like to see the saved event log, which will help me to find out where it fails. Thanks in advance.

http://s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/rs-w32-2.52.zip
  Eric

Nodens

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »

By looking at the log it seems that Username and Password are never sent. Instead "enable" is sent at the Username prompt and the process looks kind of erratic.
There's no more "blank" printed at telnet output.

I've attached 3 logs.

EDIT: There's no unhandled exception thrown when exiting anymore but I can't seem to exit gracefully. I have to kill the process.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5