Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: is BRAS profile reported by windows.mouse.like site accurate?  (Read 2727 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
is BRAS profile reported by windows.mouse.like site accurate?
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »

Currently I cannot access my sync stats due to an issue with my unocked ECI, I currently dont want to reboot it or put the HG back in (although I probably will put the HG back in at some point in the future).

I was when I could last access the modem on a sync just below 72mbit down.  My IP profile when I was last able to check on the BT wholesale website was 69.xx mbit.

My outer is configured to require a 3 minute outage to lose the ppp session, this is to preserve my ip should I have a short connection outage.

Normally my sync is incredibly stable, the only time its actually dropped without me dropping it when my attainable dropped below 80mbit forcing a resync. (dropped ine one go).

Two days ago I seen on my TBB graph a red line at 1am, (so inside the DLM window) the base latency went up but very very slightly around about 1-2ms at a guess, on traceroutes the first hop is the same base latency as before.

I ran a test on http://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker and got this.

The Service ID is: BBEUxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a 21CN line.
The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 78.73 Mbps
The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 20 Mbps

So this is reporting a higher BRAS profile, my throughput still maxes out at 8.3mB/sec tho so I dont have an active profile that high.
The test warned that the BTw tester wouldnt work for 90 mins or so after the test so I left it during the night whilst I slept but now the BTw tester still doesnt work with this.

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

My gut guess is either the mouselike is wrong and checking wrong information, (not convinced it just old info as I have never had a 78mbit profile before only 77.43), or the profile is stored in 2 places, the BTw shows from one database the one thats updated when pppoe connects and this other tester shows from the other database.  This is logical because when the line syncs that sync is stored somewhere so when pppoe connects the IP profile cam be set.

any thoughts?

ryant704

• Reg Member
Re: is BRAS profile reported by windows.mouse.like site accurate?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:33:33 AM »

Hi,

Providing you are with BT you can use the link below to get your sync speed.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: is BRAS profile reported by windows.mouse.like site accurate?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »

Tom ie drsox is probably the best person to answer.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker