Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users  (Read 31409 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »

I have attached the plink logs and the data from the graphd ran at 140 days.  Concerning the distance from the CAB am about 200m as the crow flies and all the cabling is underground.  Couldn't say how many twists and turns it makes.  It does look like that every block of terraced houses has a BT feed coming up from the ground into one of the ends of the block.

Let me know if you need anything else. 

I see the ongoing graphs for the period start at 22:27, 11/03/2013.

Can you go back even further (to before the phone problem was repaired) & also include the FULL_MONTY montage?

Looking at the DS SNRM graphs in particular, we can see a number of small 'dips'.
I wonder if these have always been present?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »

Just for 'interest', compare your stats with another 80/20 service.

I believe the other service is around 150m from the cabinet.
Perhaps ColinS would care to confirm as it's his connection.

Coilin's connection shows slightly more background noise at some frequencies, but attenuation is quite a bit lower.

Hence a completely different looking bitloading pattern & 'better' SNR & Hlog graphs.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »

Hi Bald Eagle,

Please find attached the plink log and montage for 3/10/12 looks like the oldest stats I have on the 80/20 service, and stats for 12//12/12 which was before I noticed the phone was dead.  That said even though the phone was dead the FTTC continued to operate.

Am going to look on some backup tapes to see if I have anything older, I know I don't have any for when I was on the 40/2 it was only after I moved to 80/20 did I get another HG612 and unlock that.

It is interesting in comparing the stats of ColinS observing a better SNR.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2013, 08:45:05 PM »

Please find attached the plink log and montage for 3/10/12 looks like the oldest stats I have on the 80/20 service, and stats for 12//12/12 which was before I noticed the phone was dead.  That said even though the phone was dead the FTTC continued to operate.

Am going to look on some backup tapes to see if I have anything older, I know I don't have any for when I was on the 40/2 it was only after I moved to 80/20 did I get another HG612 and unlock that.

Here's an animation of 5 Plink log graphs from your connection, starting 03/10/2012.

It doesn't seem to have changed much at all.

The bitloading looks poorer in the October 2012 graphs, probably due to the connection syncing at a quieter time of day than when the Plink log was obtained:-

Korben_dallas

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »

Hi Bald Eagle,

Again my thanks for taking the time to analyse my data,  it is good to know that there is nothing seriously wrong.

I look forward to the next release of the HG612 Stats program.

Cheers

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »

For anybody finding this thread from previous links there is a new thread for version 1.1
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything