Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users  (Read 31402 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

As the program runs for a while via a scheduled task without any apparent problems, the indication is that there may be a problem either with the task setup, or there is a bug in Task Scheduler itself.
If it was a program problem, it probably wouldn't run at all or it would start to run & generate an error code.

There was a bug in Vista in that user generated scheduled tasks could sometimes stop running for no apparent reason.
This was fixed in Windows 7, but it may just be possible that Windows 8 is also affected.

It may just be worth testing by creating a batch file containing just this detail:-

echo %time% >> C:\Utilities\HG612_Modem_Stats\Scripts\Schedule_Test.TXT

Then create a scheduled task to run the batch file every minute, using identical details to the stats task.

If that also stops running after a few hours, we could probably rule out a program problem, then start looking at Task Scheduler itself for an answer.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

Hi Bald_Eagle,

Will create and task for the bat file and let you know.

Cheers

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »

I can confirm that the task stops, in my case after about 3 hours. This was running Windows 8 Enterprise on Virtual Box.

I didn't have chance to look at why it stopped as I got to bed at 12:15 this morning, then one of our drivers broke down at 1 am, so I had to sort that, so am suffering with sleep deprivation at the moment :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Korben, can you create your own task to run the HG612_Run.exe every minute and see how that goes please?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Korben_dallas

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »

Hi,

Both tasks stopped at 00:42, I configured the 2nd test one the same as the auto created one through the editor.  Had a look through the looks and couldn't see anything that looked like it would stop the tasks from running again.  It seems to be that they run and stop correctly but dont start-up again.  The only thing I saw in the logs around the same time was VSS shutting down due to ideal timeout.

Will create a new task to run the new exe but do this as a native Windows 8 task and see how that goes.

Cheers

Korben_dallas

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »

Hi Ronski,

Created a manual task on Windows 8 and it has been running for over 24 hours so far, will continue to monitor and let you know.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

Can you let me know what settings you used for the task please.

I tried something slightly different last night, and it stopped after ten minutes, but the next run time was still updating, I'll have to check the last run time. 

I think it may be a problem when tasks are created with schtasks,  I will need to get onto the ms forums and see what the professionals think.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »

Hi Ronski,

I have attached screenshots showing the task.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Cheers

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »

It may not be relevant, but the programs were developed on Windows 7 machines, with the task configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008.

If that configuration is still available in W8, it may just be worth a shot at running the task similarly configured.

There is a similar & known issue in Vista where the task stops running after a few hours/days or following a PC reboot.
Ticking the "Do not store password" box seems to fix that.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »

Hi Bald_Eagle,

The amended task continues to run, so I will now alter this to cover running in a Vista/Windows 7 environment.

Will let you know how this goes.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »

Hi Bald_Eagle,

The amended task continues to run, so I will now alter this to cover running in a Vista/Windows 7 environment.

Will let you know how this goes.

How long has it now been running?

I'd be inclined to just make one change at a time & test things for a few days, otherwise there's no absolute certainty which change actually made the difference.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »

Hi Bald_Eagle1,

Its been running since 10:00 on Friday, all I have done now is to change the 'configure for' from Windows 8 to Windows 7 Windows server 2008 this also covers Vista.  So far it is still running.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »

Stephen's (over on the TBB forums) task had been running ok for days, maybe even a week, and then it stopped - he's not sure if it was a task created by the editor and then modified, or one he created.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »

Hi Ronski,

The task I created from a new continues to run, I amended this yesterday to run as a windows 7/vista task and it is still running.  Unfortunately my p.c is only ever on for 5 days at the most before it is shutdown, this all depends on my working pattern.

So far the task has been running since it was originally created manually on the 15 March.

graemev

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »

Hi, Just unlocked my HG612

I'm trying to get hold of the original Linux scripts  ... I can only find ms-DOS bat files .... an I don't have any dos/window-boxes.

Does anyone here have a reference?

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the forum.  Burakkucat's graphing script is here:

http://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6wW18mYskvBMTEyNzk2MTQtNWEyNC00NTBlLWFiMjYtNTg0MDdhMTBlNDdk

cheers, a
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6