Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users  (Read 31451 times)

graemev

Re: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for VDSL2 (FTTC) Windows Users
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »

Am I missing something here , these seem to be yet more window-box bat files ?  ... the instructions say:

These WINDOWS only batch files, along with a few other utilities that need to
be downloaded and installed, will allow you to generate relevant graphs for
the Huawei HG612 modem's connection stats, simply by double clicking the relevant
batch file icons.

They have been developed and converted to batch files from the original Linux
script (Graph.sh) by Bald_Eagle1, with much assistance and advice from asbokid
and burakkucat

Is there in fact only graph.sh to format the data? .... no script to collect the data (even though the box supports ssh so I assume you could automate totally from the Linux end?)

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »

Yup, that's about right. Only a graph scripting program.  I guess that people have done their own thing with the scraping, and aside Paul's (Bald_Eagle1) which is for Windows, people haven't shared their code.  There's telnet as well as ssh to make it easier for harvesting.

cheers, a

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 03:36:37 PM »

In the meantime, rs-ux works fine with the HG612 if you'd like to give it a try.
  Eric

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »

Am I missing something here , these seem to be yet more window-box bat files ?  ... the instructions say:

These WINDOWS only batch files, along with a few other utilities that need to
be downloaded and installed, will allow you to generate relevant graphs for
the Huawei HG612 modem's connection stats, simply by double clicking the relevant
batch file icons.

They have been developed and converted to batch files from the original Linux
script (Graph.sh) by Bald_Eagle1, with much assistance and advice from asbokid
and burakkucat

Is there in fact only graph.sh to format the data? .... no script to collect the data (even though the box supports ssh so I assume you could automate totally from the Linux end?)

I hestitate to contradict anything A has to say, but no, that's not right.   :-[ ... And I was right to do so (hesitate!), as I now see he was not referring to B-E's programs

B-E did originally develop them (for Windows) using .bat files, but even those still used PLink and the like to telnet into the box, access the busy box shell and issue the correct xdslcmd commands.

In his latest version, the .bat files have been replaced with programmatic equivalents.  So, they also collect the stats as well as graphing it, and a very good job both Paul and Eric make of both of their tools.  They each have their own advantages IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:01:13 PM by ColinS »

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:46 PM »

Oh god, i don't belong on any pedestal, colin!  Except as an expert in being wrong, or even totally wrong!  It turns out that there is a Linux harvesting script.   Perhaps B*cat when he's uncurled from his weekend slumber, will remind us where it is hidden!  cheers, a

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

Meow???

I have a variety of Bash scripts (controlled by a cron job) that I would use if I need to collect the raw data. They, in turn, have been superseded by the binary version of the harvesting code -- the code that Bald_Eagle1 subsequently forked to create his magnificent utility, which is usable by those persons whose computers are driven by BGW:tongue:

Please let me know of your e-mail address (by PM), Graeme and I will send you copies of the HG612.{c,h} files (Version 0.20 (12/2012)), along with anything else that I think may be of use.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

Hi,

I have had the windows program working fine, however I needed to power down the HG612, I then onced tit had been powered back up to set the date and time using the bat file, but nothing seems to happens the time remains as it was before.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong or any alternative method of setting the correct time on HG612

Cheers

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

Any suggestions on what might be wrong or any alternative method of setting the correct time on HG612

You could try this compiled program version instead of the bat file:-

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Kcea04kkOENGZfcGkzSHI4OVU/edit?usp=sharing

Download it & store it in the Scripts folder with the other programs & please let me know if it works for you.

EDIT:

The first update is almost ready, which along with including additional graphs etc, also includes automatically resetting the modem's clock whenever a resync is detected.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:34:13 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

Korben_dallas

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »

Hi Bald_Eagle1,

Many thanks this did the trick.

Cheers

Korben_dallas

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »

Hi,

I have been using this program for some time now without any issues however in th elast few days I have noticed multiple occurences of HG612_stats.exe running, only used to have 1 running now either 2 or more.

What I have also noticed that the amount of cpu utilisation has increased up to 28% per instance, normally it was around 7% or less.

Any ideas on what I need to do in order to resolve this ?

Cheers

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »

Are you seeing this in Windows Task manager?

If so, are any instances reported as Below Normal Priority?
If so, you could simply end those processes.

Also, are you seeing many ONGOING files in the Scripts folder?
These should be auto-deleted temporary files, only remaining when HG612_stats.exe is 'stuck' or crashed before completing.

If you note the date & time of any ONGOING files, you could check the relevant around the relevant dates/times in ERROR.LOG (in the Ongoing_Stats folder) for any possible clues as to what might have happened.

HG612_stats.exe should start & complete within 2 seconds or so every minute & should only take longer if it is waiting for HG612_current_stats.exe to complete or if something like an intensive virus scan is taking place & hogging the PC's resources.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »

Hi Bald_Eagle1,

Am seesing the instances in Windows Task Manager and did manage to end them leaving the last one started running and they all were running as Below Normal Priority.

With regards to the ONGOING Files there are 5 from today and 2 from yesterday.  The program so far hasn't crashed or reported as crashing.

I checked the error log but it looked okay around the times of the ongoing files but nothing stood out as indicating the error.

Cant see what has changed on the pc, been no changes to the security software, cant seem to account for the exe running at 28% near enough constantly.  The pc itself is a 3.00GHZ Quad AMD with 16GB RAM.

Should I look to stop the whole lot and restart it from new and create a new ini file ?

Cheers

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

If you watch Task Manager and a new instance of HG612_stats.exe pops up for a couple of seconds every minute, then you should end the process of the remaining one that is still showing as running.

That should clear things without the need to create any new files.

Could you post the details of your ini file here though, just for me to see if there are any potential 'clashes'?

I presume modem_stats.log is still being correctly updated every minute?
BTW, What size is it now?
Mine is around 18MB & I don't really see any issues (but I have recently improved the efficiency of dealing with large log files).

The data harvesting programs should easily run on a very old & low spec PC i.e. Pentium 3 with only 256 MB of RAM.
The graphing takes a while longer though.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »

Hi Bald Eagle,

I shutdown the pc and restarted and within an hour there were 3 .exe running, I have watched task manager and did see some new exes being created and then they disappeared. The other 3 continued to run at rought 27% each.  I attach a doc showing some screenprints and the isrunning files of which there is 2.  I also atach a copy of the ini whcih was last changed/created 13/3.

The modem log is being updated and is some 58MB in size and the first entry is dated 11/3/13.

Let me know if you need any other log or file.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »

Your Task Manager looks different to mine.
Are you running Windows 8?

It seems odd that you have 2 ONGOING files created within 0.006 of a second of each other.
You don't have 2 versions of the program running on a schedule do you?
I ran 2 versions when testing & would occasionally see a few ONGOING files that hadn't been deleted.

If you are only running one version, maybe one instance of HG612_stats.exe had been delayed by something the PC was doing at the time.
Can you think of any resource hungry programs that may have been running at that time?

Could you post a snippet from your ERROR.LOG, say from 17:20 to 17:30?

What is Schedule_Test.TXT & does it run once every minute?

Do you see any unexplained gaps in any of your ongoing graphs?

Could you attach a copy of today's montage for me to take a look at?

Your ini file looks fine.

Do you ever see any 'stuck' HG612_current_stats.exe processes in Task Manager?

I presume modem_stats.log is still being correctly updated every minute?
BTW, What size is it now?
Mine is around 18MB & I don't really see any issues (but I have recently improved the efficiency of dealing with large log files).

Sorry, I mis-typed there.
I should have stated Mine is around 180MB.

It goes back to October 2012.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

anything