Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: skype  (Read 3272 times)

grumpy old man

• Kitizen

I am running Kubuntu.  My logitech C270 webcam works with skype but there is no sound i.e. when I call people they can see me on video but not hear me. 

There doesn't appear to a logitech driver.

Any suggestions.

gom

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: skype
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »

Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »

I am running Kubuntu. 
If you had been running Windows I would have suggested 'DOUBLE' checking both the windows audio settings and obviously the Skype audio settings.
I at one stage when I installed Skype it altered my windows default settings and like yours then did not work until I re-set the setting.

My point being, don't dismiss any of the settings by not going back and double checking them.

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »

Eric

I have followed your link.  I have tried entering the sudo code noted in both run command and Konsole (terminal).  In run command nothing happens.  In Konsole I was asked for a password but couldn't enter any text.

There is reference to loading cheese but as webcam is working but with no sound not sure I need to install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

gom

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »

In Konsole I was asked for a password but couldn't enter any text.

The password it's asking for is your normal user password. You won't see anything on the screen as you type it. This is how Ubuntu and its derivatives give temporary administrative powers to users.

If that command doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help, as I don't know anything about webcams.
  Eric

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  Typed my log on password and then enter but again nothing happened.

Will keep trying to find a solution.

gom

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »

If you go in to 'Skype's' preferences you can set up the volume controls, also you need to check your normal volume control mixer settings, In PCLinuxOS I had to install 'PulseAudio' instead of my normal Alsa one.
You can run the Test Call Centre and record a message then play it back to test your settings.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

anything