Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Partition removal.  (Read 12181 times)

Ratae

Re: Partition removal.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 11:56:54 PM »

Well, just to update you on this. I finally decided that 'enough was enough' ....so I installed Linux Mint 14  Mate edition, and used the whole drive.

WOW! ...I thought that Ubuntu was good, but this is very very good, I'm mucho impressed.

Still doing a bit of tinkering, but I think that this is deffo a keeper!  :clap:
If I can't dazzle them with my intelligence, I'll baffle them with my bulls**t!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 07:22:38 AM »

Excellent news! :thumbs:
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

WOW! ...I thought that Ubuntu was good, but this is very very good, I'm mucho impressed.

That's what I thought about PCLinuxOS when I tried it instead of Ubuntu and Mint  :) but everyone to there own .
well done.
                                                   ---------------------------------------------------------------
I had a virus once, it was called 'Windows'   >:D, So I used a piece of good security software it was called 'Delete;D Yes you have got it, I Deleted Windows off my hard drive.   ;D .

Now I do not have any problems.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »

Yes it's funny how folks find their best Linux. I've tried Red Hat (some years ago), Mandrake, Mandriva, Mageia, PCLinuxOS, Kubuntu (cant stand Gnome) and now finally have seemed to stick with Fedora (currently 17 but will upgrade to 18 soon).

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ratae

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »

Yep, more than pleased with this Mint Netbook. I've installed Chromium as the default browser too, and that's very good on Linux.

Once again guys...thanks for all of the help and advice.  :drink:
If I can't dazzle them with my intelligence, I'll baffle them with my bulls**t!
Pages: 1 2 [3]