Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.3 released  (Read 8954 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.3 released
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »

So long as you welcome suggestions!!

A clipping level on the bit swaps per minutes would solve the standby peak problem with that graph.  You have, perhaps as a side effect,  fixed the same CRC HEC error issue with standby this way.   

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »

A clipping level on the bit swaps per minutes would solve the standby peak problem with that graph.  You have, perhaps as a side effect,  fixed the same CRC HEC error issue with standby this way.   

Yes, I've never really got to grips with standby, but adding clipping to that graph would be a simple workaround.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »

I think I've got to the bottom of the issue with truncated hints reported by Stuart. I've managed to reproduce it on a Linux Mint 32-bit system. It relates to the GTK2 theme which is used for GTK2 applications running on a KDE desktop. If the theme is oxygen-gtk, hints are truncated. With other themes they are displayed correctly.

I can possibly work around this behaviour, but for the time being the easiest way is to restrict my hints to short lines which don't get truncated.
  Eric

Nodens

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 04:48:07 PM »

Excellent tool! Can I request to implement support for the ZTE ZXDSL 931 VII? It is a vDSL modem/router based on BCM6368 V3.1 but it needs a few additional
commands to get to busybox. Here you can see the CLI process of getting to shell:

The second and third passwords are default to what's in the image. The first one is custom per device.
The binaries available can be seen here:

If you need any sample command output or anything else, I'll be happy to provide it:)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »

I can certainly try to support that router, and I think you've provided all the information I need. I'm just about to release version 2.4, so it won't be in that, but I'll make it my task to include it in version 2.5.
  Eric

Nodens

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »

Thank you very much! :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »

Excellent tool! Can I request to implement support for the ZTE ZXDSL 931 VII? It is a vDSL modem/router based on BCM6368 V3.1 but it needs a few additional
commands to get to busybox.

Version 2.5 (just released) should hopefully work with this model. See the "Special login" configuration page.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]