Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Netgear DGND3300 v1 and v2 - whats the difference?

(1/1)

snadge:
does anyone know?

I may be bidding on one on ebay soon and would like to know if v1 has lesser chipset or problems I should be aware of?

thanks

GigabitEthernet:
Another router :). I don't think you will see much difference as it uses a Broadcom 6358 chipset (the v1 and I am pretty sure the v2) which is the same as the DG834N you already have. Although it says it is dual band, it will only do one band at a time. Why not get a DGN2200? It has the same chipset, is cheaper and is pretty much the same apart from the lack of 5GHz (which has awful range on the DGND3300 anyway).

snadge:
ahh I read that it can do both at same time but only 'G' on the 2.4Ghz radio if the 5Ghz radio is on 'N' speeds..?  they are FUGLY aswell...but cheap dual-band as Iam getting Dual-Band with triple antenna wifi built into my new build PC , Intel 4695 Chip via a PCI-E x1 converter that has 3 antenna's on - got both for £9 delivered on ebay :)

I had my DG834N up for sale at time of posting, along with my HG612...but I have revoked the 834N listing as it was cheap and nobody was interested and I decided i love it to much too let it go for less than the £9 I had it up for..so keeping it.

I fancied the DGN2200 - looks nice, and it also has a USB port thats another feature I must have..

Im toying with the idea of using two devices, a la modem & router, using my hacked 2504N as modem as it gets great speeds (19Mb on 4db Noise Margin on 26db line) and using something like a Tenda N600 Dual-Band router for the wi-fi and USB

GigabitEthernet:
Would you like any of these routers snadge:
NETGEAR DGN1000 (barely used, still in box with all accessories)
2Wire 2700HGV (running Qwest firmware)
NETGEAR DGN2000 (includes power adaptor and box, originally from AOL Broadband but not 100% unlocked, a bit faulty - WiFi sometimes doesn't work - probably due to an overheating problem common to this model)
Huawei HG612 (unlocked, the BTOR 'fibre' modem)
Sagem 2504N (running custom firmware, although can be restored to default easily, includes ethernet cable, power adaptor, box, DSL cable, no stand and 'feet' missing', 100% working)
Technicolor TG582N (generic - quite rare, original box and accessories, minus (I think a DSL cable))
Thomson ST585v6 (plastic antenna broken off, 100% working, 100% unlocked, missing power adaptor)
Thomson ST780WL (original box, excellent condition, includes all accessories, 100% unlocked)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version