Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a problem with the forum today?  (Read 11709 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Is there a problem with the forum today?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »

Having just been looking at certain threads in the TT Members' Forum (Broadband Support), I noticed one by broadstairs, one by Sheddyian and one by oldgrump.

:hmm:  Hmm . . . I wonder who they could be?  :angel:

A bit of a puzzle, that is. :angel:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »

Well Ive no idea  :-X
 :lol:

>>> I have more problems with the kitz site than any others, a few others are giving me problems but this one much more than others

Ive honestly not seen any problems from here.  I wonder if it could be anything to do with the routing?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 10:40:41 PM »

I know I'm tempting providence, but the TT networking problem seems to be fixed, for the time being at least. This forum, and others where I also suffered the slowdown, are all working at full speed again.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:56 AM »

I am joining you in that observation, Eric.

It would be interesting if an adequate explanation is provided but . . .  :flypig:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »

I am joining you in that observation, Eric.

It would be interesting if an adequate explanation is provided but . . .  :flypig:

Yes it seemed to improve yesterday evening, like you I suspect :flypig:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »

Just taken a look at the TT forum and noticed this thread which you will notice was opened last Sunday and only got a (rubbish) response yesterday. Sounds like he has had the same issue as us. On this basis we wont see anything on our threads until next Thursday at the earliest.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

Seems fine here too.

Yesterday (afternoon I think) I was getting the odd problem where a site just wouldn't respond, or a page would load almost 100% but 1 image wouldn't, even on repeated presses of F5.  For example a smiley on the Kitz forum, or the telephone handset icon on the TalkTalk Status page.  All eventually turned into broken-image icons.

But all seems happy (for now)

Ian

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

>>>  taken a look at the TT forum and noticed this thread which you will notice was opened last Sunday and only got a (rubbish) response yesterday

Just looked at that thread on the TT forum, ignoring the rubbish reply from the rep

& especially all those sites that make heavy use of google analytics & google apis

I dont know if this is relevant or not to the problem you guys were seeing......  but although I dont make heavy use of, I do make some use google analytics and apis on various places.

That guy seemed to think it may have been something to do with the TT routing with google servers, and if so it could be a possible reason why you saw some issues here too.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

I've just had a reply on the TalkTalk forum, where they have noticed a high level of errored seconds.

My slight concern is that this could be a separate problem.

For the past few weeks I'd been using the TP-Link modem that I got from the cats charity shop, as it's wireless reliability was superior to the TT supplied D-Link one.

However, the TP-Link modem ran incredibly hot (I ended up taking it out of it's case) and seemed prone to disconnecting and resynching at a slower speed in the evening.

I decided that the modem must therefore be a bit on the faulty side, and so went back to the TT D-Link modem.

Which, over the weekend, started doing the same thing - losing it's 21K conneciton and resynching around 18K.

This morning I noticed a high number of error seconds, 3300 ish, when the modem had been running for less than 20 hours.

The line has up to now proved very reliable, I think I've had maybe 2 or 3 resynchs in the 15 months I've been with TT.  Error seconds aren't usually that high - previously it's taken 166 hours to reach 3000 error seconds.

A wander around with an AM radio found a huge amount of noise coming from the PSU for that bargain NAS disk I bought from eBay.   >:(

Yesterday I moved it away from the modem (it was plugged directly into one of it's LAN ports) but I still had disconnects in the evening, with lower speed resynchs.  This morning I've unplugged it entirely to see if it resolves the problem.

Curiously, though, the pages partially loading problem had gone away all day yesterday, even though I was still getting high error seconds and disconnects.

This is why I wonder if there are two separate problems here.

Lets see..

Ian

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »

Regarding the loss of synch / error seconds, I may have found the culprit, so I've started a different thread here, for interest

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12233.0.html

Whether this was causing the pages only partially loading problem remains to be seen though.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]