Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monopoly loses iron and gains cat  (Read 3496 times)

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
Monopoly loses iron and gains cat
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Monopoly loses iron and gains cat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »

Just purrfect!  :D

As the Monopoly steam iron is discarded in favour of a cat game piece, the useless pet claws its way to world domination.

However I think the author of that article, William Langley, is due some severe lacerations as a result of including the word that I have highlighted in red, above.

:shoot:   W. Langley, Esq.   :whip:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:34 AM »

Not only Mr Langley who needs the lacerations, last night watching an old QI on Dave Sandi Toksvig also needs some as when the were talking of our furry favourites she said "I'm not keen on cats - too many cats not enough recipes"  >:(

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:14 AM »

Its not cats that are the problem it is (in most cases) their irresponsible owners who let them roam without getting them neutered.  >:(

We had the problem with next doors cat where the old boy just let her keep having kittens until finally he got the message,now we have a female cat belonging to a couple across the road who is in season again and as such we are blighted with tom cats who no doubt haven't had their bits removed.... >:(

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »

I like them with a "but"! When I visit a cat owning house I look for a thick cushion as barrier to claws piercing my trousers.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »

Its not cats that are the problem it is (in most cases) their irresponsible owners who let them roam without getting them neutered.  >:(

We had the problem with next doors cat where the old boy just let her keep having kittens until finally he got the message,now we have a female cat belonging to a couple across the road who is in season again and as such we are blighted with tom cats who no doubt haven't had their bits removed.... >:(

Could not agree more, we had a cat for 17 years and she was neutered as soon as she was old enough.

On the topic of claws it does seem to depend very much on the cat, ours could scratch if you had a boisterous game with her and sometimes when she pummelled on your lap the claws might get through the jeans. Now we have a lovely cat from a neighbour who visits us and she has yet to get her claws out at all to us or our granddaughter (who is besotted with her) and she does have claws as she has demonstrated when she caught a mouse in the garden or decides to use a fence post as a scratching post..

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

I always went for the ship, I love boats, ships etc. When I Moved to Norfolk I was in my element. Bought an inflateable canoe (a proper one not one of those toy like ones). I could wheel it down to the river and set off. Maybe stop at a pub for some food on the way. I would pull up at the back of a gastro pub. Whilst enjoying a meal and a pint on a picnic bench. I would watch people come up to the canoe and say "This guy just pulled up and went in to order some food. How cool is that !"

We got some new Sofas. The Cats liked to claw the old one but we found a few drops of Eucalyptus oil every couple of weeks keeps them off.

We got then a scratching post. The type with string wrapped round a wooden post on a carpeted base. They love it and it has distracted them from scatching in other places. We tried the disposable made from strips of corrigated card. They tried it for a couple of min's and ignored it ever scince.

Both cats have been 'done' But We do clip Fluffy's claws. I prevents him pearcing through the quilts. Works quite well. Although if you try this careful to only clip part way up the claw. Too far up and you will get the bit with blood flow and nerves.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »

I used to go for the dog, but only cause there wasnt a cat.

irresponsible owners who let them roam without getting them neutered.

Agree Strongly on this.  Ive always had my boys done.  Despite having cats for all my life, Zoe was my first girl kitteh and I made damn sure she was done as soon as the vet would do so.. there is no way I wanted manky B&W tomcat busting through the catflap.

Most vets will now do ESN which is supposedly less traumatic for kittens, and they will do moggies from about 12wks.  Although my own vets do ESN, they wouldnt do pedigree females until either 2KG or 5.5 months as they do midline so no shaving of fur on flank as on Birmans it grows back a different colour.  I made sure she was booked in asap and well before her 1st season could be due.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »

When we lived out in the sticks, as far as we knew there were no other cats anywhere near.

Then we took on two female kittehs, and four or five males suddenly appeared around the catflap. Strong stuff these kitteh pheromones ???
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530