Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.2 released  (Read 8146 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.2 released
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

Eric my thoughts on this are that it could be a KDE or Fedora issue As I appear to be the only Linux user with the problem. I suspect that since I can get it to work simply by going into the gui and making a change and applying it and rs-ux starts working with no intervention in the program by me that there is an issue with the interface for applications to get this font/size information might be broken. I guess the other possibility is that Lazarus could be using a deprecated method to obtain this information. I have asked in the Fedora forum for ideas but nothing yet.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »

Eric I dont know if I have opened a can of worms, and IF I have I apologise in advance. I created a thread on the Fedora forums about this font problem and someone has taken a look at your website and suggests you are violating the GPL by not making the source available for download. I have replied that I believe that the source would be available if requested but I felt I had to mention it here.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »

Thanks for that warning, Stuart. The source code is available to anyone who requests it, so as far as I understand it, I'm fulfilling the requirements of the GPL. But I'll check again to make sure.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »

Eric I have pointed out that I was sure any request would be complied with, however I have no idea if that meets the letter of the GPL although I'm sure it meets the spirit of it.

Stuart

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »

The comment on those forums about "Routerstats" seems way off beam.
The original routerstats is not open source and the code is confidential to John....it is just like a commercial propietry coded program - except that it is free to download and use.

I think John has been asked if he would release the code and has declined....mind you in it present form it does mean that everyone inc ISP's trusts it as there is only one version built by one person who has total control over it.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »

Eric one more little request, could you add that rather cool icon you use for rs-ux to the download please, having found the file in the source code I converted it to a png file and have it as the icon on the desktop shortcut I use for rs-ux.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »

Do you mean the Leopard pawprint? It's actually a Lazarus icon, and if you install Lazarus it's the icon which is applied to the Lazarus menu entry. I could certainly add it to future download archives.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »

Do you mean the Leopard pawprint? It's actually a Lazarus icon, and if you install Lazarus it's the icon which is applied to the Lazarus menu entry. I could certainly add it to future download archives.

Yes that's the one assuming it can be freely used I think it's great. The other option is to see if someone can come up with a cooler one  ;)

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »

Yes, I really ought to design an icon of my own.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]