Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TalkTalk intermittent page load problem since 02 Feb 2013  (Read 15114 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: TalkTalk intermittent page load problem since 02 Feb 2013
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »

Well I had a reply timed at 07:18 this morning from Ms Dido Harding, OK it's a holding reply but she has asked one of her team to investigate and promised to let me know the outcome.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »

As I suspected my email conversations with Ms Victoria Povey, who works in the CEO's office and was asked by Ms Harding to take a look at my complaint, has not come to much. I explained how I felt that the problem had been mishandled mainly because of their procedures about weekend support and requested some feedback about how they might change things, but effectively I have had the brush off. They say my feedback is useful and will be considered if/when they review their procedures. I suspect nothing will happen unless they start haemorrhaging customers because of bad service, and to be honest this is probably only the second really badly handled incident I have experienced in 4+ years with TT, not bad considering some other ISPs.

As far as the forum is concerned just remember folks that if you open a thread dont post updates to it until a member of the support staff has added their comment, if you need to make changes or add info edit your post. The problem is that the forum staff work from the oldest updated thread to the newest which means everytime you post to your thread (or anyone else does) it goes down the priority list for being answered. Sadly there seems to be no way to lock your thread so only you and the support staff can post to it.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »

I think I've read somewhere that they are planning to change the way they prioritise messages, but I'm not sure where I read it (or maybe I dreamed it :) ).
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »

I think I've read somewhere that they are planning to change the way they prioritise messages, but I'm not sure where I read it (or maybe I dreamed it :) ).

Well if that is the case then that is good....

Stuart

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »

When I was following the problem on the TalkTalk forum, I noticed (Monday morning?) it briefly started showing newest post FIRST, before reverting to usual behaviour or oldest post first.

Unless that's a user preference on the forum? But I didn't change anything.

Ian

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

When I was following the problem on the TalkTalk forum, I noticed (Monday morning?) it briefly started showing newest post FIRST, before reverting to usual behaviour or oldest post first.

Unless that's a user preference on the forum? But I didn't change anything.

Ian

I discovered that you can change that, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a drop down box to change what you view. At least this means the support staff can change it as well.

Stuart

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »

Sadly there seems to be no way to lock your thread so only you and the support staff can post to it.

:no:  Sorry Stuart, that is not correct. There is an option available to a thread's OP to lock it, thus stopping the 'chattering masses' from adding to it. It is neither clear nor logical how to do so . . . but I know it does exist, for I have used it in the past.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »

Sadly there seems to be no way to lock your thread so only you and the support staff can post to it.

:no:  Sorry Stuart, that is not correct. There is an option available to a thread's OP to lock it, thus stopping the 'chattering masses' from adding to it. It is neither clear nor logical how to do so . . . but I know it does exist, for I have used it in the past.  :)

Well I'll have to dig harder as I could not find out how when I needed it last weekend!

Stuart

Edit: Found it, you go to your thread and click Topic Tools, the select Close and then click Perform Action. This makes the topic read only, I guess the support staff can still update it but I've not tried....

Stuart
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:44:46 PM by broadstairs »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 12:08:05 AM »

Edit: Found it, you go to your thread and click Topic Tools, the select Close and then click Perform Action. This makes the topic read only, I guess the support staff can still update it but I've not tried....

Yes, that's it.
And yes!

:thumbs:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]