Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

No mention of P41!

(1/3) > >>

Dwight:
Hi folks
Reading all you lucky peoples problems with FTTC! ;) Have been searching high and low to find the status of my Cabinet in Wrexham. Final found the PCP list and there is no mention of it what so ever. Does anyone have any contact details for BTetc for me to enquire as to why this is.  :(
Cheers

burakkucat:
Hello Dwight, welcome to the Kitz fora.

Information regarding the status of the Wrexham exchange cabinet P41 is best obtained by contacting the Openreach NGA team directly. Their e-mail address is: nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

If I am remember correctly, a fellow Kitizen, GunJack, is familiar with the Wrexham area . . . perhaps you could send him a PM and say 'Hello'?

waltergmw:
Hi Dwight,

You will get an immediate summary of what is available now by using this web site:-

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

We can interpret the political / technical data for you if you would like to post the results here.
If you provide your post code we might be able to give you a little more background.
PM me if you wish.

Kind regards,
Walter

EDIT I've just checked Wrexham and Wrexham North and can only "see" PCP 41 on Wrexham.
Sadly you've drawn one of many short straws and you are not to be enabled with a FTTC so I'm afraid it's tough luck unless you can find an entrepreneur who is prepared to defy the mighty behemoth.

This is from a December 2011 database so it might just have been updated since then.
The link above will verify the current status.

c6em:

Reasons why a particular cabinet is not(yet) being upgraded to FTTC usually fall into one of two main categories.
1.  Non economically viable - ie too few lines/ADSL services currently served by the cabinet.
2.  Severe physical/logistical/legal access problems etc preventing the upgrade.

Black Sheep:
Yup, BT are a business at the end of the day. If it aint financially viable, it simply will not be done. Not done out of spite, or drawing of straws, just very basic commerce skills, :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version