Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.0.1 released  (Read 7728 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.0.1 released
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 10:54:17 PM »

1. The obvious answer is often the best one - yes I can delete the file after verifying the directory. [Edit - now implemented]
2. I don't know if we're at cross-purposes here. All the items that I see on the list are either colours or specific GUI features, such as 'Desktop', 'Window' and 'Menu', each with a little square of colour displaying the system default colour for that feature.
3. The colour in question is pale yellow - RGB code $FFFFD8. The graphs have always been that colour by default (I just happen to like yellow).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:09:36 PM by roseway »
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 02:43:50 AM »

2. I don't know if we're at cross-purposes here. All the items that I see on the list are either colours or specific GUI features, such as 'Desktop', 'Window' and 'Menu', each with a little square of colour displaying the system default colour for that feature.

I'm not sure . . .  :-\

I've attached two screenshots. In the first you will see that I have defined the 'Graph background' as 'Form' and in the second as 'ScrollBar'. Very peculiar colours for the 'Graph background'; perhaps nonsensical?  ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:49:19 AM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »

I agree with you that it's a bit inconsistent and rather confusing. I should explain that I'm just using an off-the-shelf colour selector which is part of the Lazarus system, and the names used for the system colours are built into that component. However, having investigated a bit more, I see that I can exclude some sections of the list, to leave out the less relevant parts, so I'll be doing that today. Thanks for helping me towards a small improvement in the program. :)
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »

That's great.  :thumbs:

But please don't think that you have to rush such enhancements into existence. As long as they are noted in the 'ToDo' list, that will be a good thing.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:25 AM »

I am getting a few times where it just says no data returned and does nothing, on hitting the start button again the little window pops up which I guess might say exception but is blank and on closing this with the X rs-ux terminates. I dont know whether this is related to the 622 as I never saw it with the 612.

One more thought could the event log be auto saved in the graph snapshot folder say every hour or so?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »

I've made some changes to the program to deal with the 'No stats' problem more gracefully. What it now does is log the event, record zero values for that sample, and carry on sampling. This seems to work well. I'm finding the same by the way, so I think it's an issue with the HG622 failing to respond from time to time.

I could autosave the event log. I'll put this on the todo list.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything