Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BE* Broadband Offer - 12 months for the price of 6. - Exp 31-03-13  (Read 10878 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

Be Broadband have launched a 12 months for the price of 6 offer on their Broadband packages.

To take up this offer visit the Be website and sign up using the code NEWYEAR13.
You will then get 50% off broadband for a year.

Offer ends 28th Feb 2013
T&C's: Offer only available on 12 month contract. Excludes landline and short-term contracts.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:47:44 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BE* Broadband Offer - 12 months for the price of 6. - Exp 28-02-13
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »

:hmm:  Hmm . . . Could that possibly be an indicator of 'trouble at mill', as a result of so many subscribers leaving due to the lack of availability of a VDSL2 based (FTTC) service?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »

I thought at first this might also be of interest to existing customers (like me) but it's not actually that attractive for many due to price increases in recent years - many of us are still on "legacy" pricing (typically 20% lower) with no notice period.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »

:hmm:  Hmm . . . Could that possibly be an indicator of 'trouble at mill', as a result of so many subscribers leaving due to the lack of availability of a VDSL2 based (FTTC) service?

Possibly, their refusal to roll out the FTTC products is a bug-bear to some. :/

But in all fairness they do (and always have done over the years) offered  discounts every so often and its not unlike those offered by the likes of other SPs.

I would like them to roll out an FTTC solution, but saying that I personally know of a few people whom Ive recently put on adsl and they arent bothered about FTTC.  I also know of a couple of small business who are more than happy with Be* Pro which is cheaper than alternatives for SMEs.  I suppose it also depends if your exchange is a VDSL2 enabled one. I think Be* has quite a loyal following due to their support staff who are extremely knowledgeable and whilst some have moved on to BT FTTC for the speed, there are quite a lot still using them despite being on an FTTC exchange.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

I thought at first this might also be of interest to existing customers (like me) but it's not actually that attractive for many due to price increases in recent years - many of us are still on "legacy" pricing (typically 20% lower) with no notice period.

Yep.  by that I assume you are also on Be* Pro saving £5pm?
-----

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

I'm actually on Unlimited. No special deals, just no price increases in a long time apart from VAT changes.

they arent bothered about FTTC.
Nor am I really, no need for the bandwidth and Be's truly unlimited offering suits me fine.
BE aren't doing fibre near me in any known timescale anyway, though I do have Virgin cable available....  :angel:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:39:09 AM by HPsauce »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

Offer now extended  31st March 2013
-----

Re: BE* Broadband Offer - 12 months for the price of 6. - Exp 31-03-13
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »

The long expected Telefonica divestment of its UK landline and broadband business to Sky was announced this morning.

Expect more divestments of this nature from Telefonica. Smart money says they're going to run out of cash inside 18 months.

The tl;dr is if you're on Be/O2 then you're going to be moved over to Sky. Your phoneline will be moved from BT to Sky as part of the process. I wouldn't go signing up for any retention offers until you know what's happening.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »

Your phoneline will be moved from BT to Sky as part of the process.
How can they do that without your agreement?  >:D

I for one cannot and will not allow that to happen.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »

Your phoneline will be moved from BT to Sky as part of the process.
How can they do that without your agreement?  >:D

I for one cannot and will not allow that to happen.

Well then I guess your BB will cease. Sky only do their BB* on fully unbundled lines now. You may end up on SMPF (BT line and Sky ADSL) for a few months but they will move your phoneline sooner or later and you'll have to agree to that or leave.

*ignore Sky Connect as it is some garbage IPStream product which you'd have to be utterly delusional to use.

anything