Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Have the Aliens Landed?  (Read 1473 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Have the Aliens Landed?
« on: December 25, 2022, 11:16:20 PM »

As is well known, "The Cattery" is located in the town of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. In the central part of the town are the remains of the medieval abbey, alongside which is the current cathedral of the diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich. Back in 2010, a new organ was installed in the cathedral. A four manual instrument built by Harrison and Harrison Ltd., of Durham.

As is often the case I was looking up something completely different, when I came across a link to a YouTube video of that instrument being played. So I watched the video. When the organ console and organist were not the main focus of the camera(s), they panned around the building. Backing out from the image at the console the decorative pipe-work, directly above, came into view. Something caught my eye and so a screen-scrape was taken.

Take a look at the snippet from the screen-scrape, attached below. Have the aliens landed? Or is that something from the Ubiquiti UniFi range, PoE powered, that has temporarily been propped up there?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 03:07:44 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Have the Aliens Landed?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 11:03:47 AM »

And all I can think about is how the pipes impact the signal spread, not to mention wont they cause vibrations that might potentially shake something loose off the PCB?

Seems a typically uninformed place to put something.  Aliens would know better.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:06 PM »

:no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 11:57:20 PM »

Perhaps I should make a point of visiting the cathedral, complete with my binoculars, to see if that device is still in-situ.  :-\

I really cannot think of any requirement for radiating a WiFi signal in that environment. So that the bishop can check "twitface" or like something on "bookface" during a service?  :-X  :no:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 02:56:21 AM »

Perhaps the organist is to become a star on YouTube ? Myself being a huge fan of classical organ music, I get a lot of enjoyment from stellar performances available on YouTube nowadays.