Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Huawei HG622 VDSL2 Modem/Router (Broadcom BCM6368 Chipset)  (Read 65509 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Huawei HG622 VDSL2 Modem/Router (Broadcom BCM6368 Chipset)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »

I rather think not, but I don't have time to check properly right now.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »

The HG622 arrived whilst b*cat was still a-slumber in his bed on the last day of January.  :blush:

So far I have looked at the contents of the CD-ROM and the (paper) copy of the manual. I need to find the time to power it up and look at its default settings, without being connected to the telephone line.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:05 AM »

Mine has been running for about 20 hours now. Its performance seems rather better than the HG612, with a higher connection speed under the same daytime conditions. It doesn't bitswap as much and the day/night variation in SNRM is higher (those two things may be related). Its wireless performance is fine, although I can't make any comparative judgements on this.

There's one small oddity - I continuously monitor it using rs-ux, and after several hours it fails to deliver a sample and rs-ux complains. What I don't know of course is whether it's a router problem or a bug I've introduced into rs-ux. :)
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »

Well I've just connected mine and I can see the current downstream connection speed is 9029kbps against 8640kbps using the HG612. Time will tell how well this manages as it is the highest downstream speed I have ever seen on 6db snrm. My upstream snrm is 11db which is much higher than I have ever seen, currently connected at 1020kbps.

I am running rs-ux Eric so will see how it behaves. I'll also check out wireless performance and compare with my wireless 11g access point.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »

>>> My upstream snrm is 11db which is much higher than I have ever seen, currently connected at 1020kbps.

Exactly the same here. I presume that 1020 kbps is the Talktalk maximum upstream speed.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »

Just been comparing wireless speeds between my 11g access point and the HG622. Using my fast laptop I see speeds just below my speeds on the desktop (which is wired) when connected to the HG622, using the 11g AP the speeds drop very slightly. This is what I expected since the achieved speeds are close to the max my ADSL2+ connection will attain anyway.

Stuart

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »

Exactly the same here. I presume that 1020 kbps is the Talktalk maximum upstream speed.

Regardless of modem, although my TalkTalk downstream has varied between 15 and 21K over the past year, the upstream has always been 1020, so it does seem to be their limit.

Ian

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »

Mine has been performing well on annex m for day or two now and am I running with a SNRM tweak given by "xdslcmd configure --snr xx  --mod m" giving a snrm of 3 db and about 18Mb/s downstream sync. It has remained better than a DG834G (at the same SNRM) with about 0.6 Mb/s higher sync and marginally lower crc's (on fast path).  The upstream speed is however much the same as the DG834G at about about 1.8Mb/s.

I can't directly compare with a HG612 as I have never managed to enable annex m on a HG612  It is not a HG612 gui option and through it looks possible --mod m with all possible xdslcmd's commands does not seem to help.  From past experience with annex m the HG612 was also about 0.6 Mb/s faster than the DG834G

I hope to have FTTC in the coming months. I assume the "WAN1_INTERNET_B_PTM4_0_1_0" PTM connection with WAN set in IP Bridge would work like an Openreach modem and IP_Routed(PPP) setting would enable the router to function on its own. 

Is anyone able to test the HG622 on vdsl? it would be helpful  to have the settings correct for day one!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »

I unfortunately can't quite warrant spending £40 on this modem. Apologies if I sound like I don't support this excellent cause; I do. But, I just can't afford one at this time :( .

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

I am wondering if my internet issues the past couple of days are this router or not? We have found that browsing is slow and some web sites take ages for the pages to load and complete, it's not a DNS issue because the site is contacted but just that some pages can take a minute or more to load. I was wondering if anyone else with one of these is having a problem? I have tweaked the snrm up a little so my sync down is about the same as it was when using the 612 as I was seeing quite high numbers of FEC errors and some CRCs as well. The problems were apparent both using the laptop wireless and the desktop wired so it's not a wireless issue, and the OS was W7 (laptop) and Linux (desktop) although both use Firefox. If the problem persists I'll swap back to the 612 and see what happens.

Stuart

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

I am wondering if my internet issues the past couple of days are this router or not? We have found that browsing is slow and some web sites take ages for the pages to load and complete, it's not a DNS issue because the site is contacted but just that some pages can take a minute or more to load.

Are you by any chance with TalkTalk?

They seem to have a fault at the moment - and I'm experiencing it too - that's pretty much how you describe it.

Pages can take minutes to load, or sometimes time out alltogether.  Press F5 to refresh and invariably it'll load OK, although other bits might be missing.

Ian

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »

I am wondering if my internet issues the past couple of days are this router or not? We have found that browsing is slow and some web sites take ages for the pages to load and complete, it's not a DNS issue because the site is contacted but just that some pages can take a minute or more to load.

They seem to have a fault at the moment - and I'm experiencing it too - that's pretty much how you describe it.

Pages can take minutes to load, or sometimes time out alltogether.  Press F5 to refresh and invariably it'll load OK, although other bits might be missing.

Ian

Thanks for that Ian, yes I am with TT. Had not looked at their site to see if they had issues. I'll wait till this gets resolved and see how it goes.

Stuart

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »

Is anyone using the HG612 SNRM Tweaking Script (ADSL) with this router.  It fails for me and I can't see why.  (I have also posted this under the tweaking script thread.)  The data$$ file ends up with

-------------------------------
-----Welcome to ATP Cli------
-------------------------------

Login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect. Try again.

Login:
Login incorrect!

Login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect. Try again.

Login:
Login incorrect!

...............etc..........

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

Ian

I experienced the same problem yesterday, and I thought it might be attributable to the change of router. So, thanks for the information.

It seems OK today.
  Eric

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »

I experienced the same problem yesterday, and I thought it might be attributable to the change of router. So, thanks for the information.

It seems OK today.

I first realised it yesterday, and thought it was my modem, so switched back to a different one, which appeared to cure the problem but it returned (or I noticed it again)  in the evening.  Couldn't get the TV to load iPlayer, stuff times out etc.

I still have the problem right now. 

There's a lot of discussion about it on the TalkTalk forum http://talktalkmembers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95382

Seems it's only affecting certain geographic areas.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8