Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Since FTTC, Crossed Line

(1/4) > >>

jid:
Hi All, long time since I've last been here, hope everyone is well :)

Anyways, last week finally had FTTC put in, and the engineer was a very nice chap, moved the master socket and getting the full 40000kbps sync, however, after he'd gone it started raining and the phone started getting incoming calls for someone else, and we're not able to call in. But, the broadband is fine as is outgoing calls.

What I'd like to know, basically I'm guessing there's wiring adjustments at the cabinet, however could this be causing the crosstalk only in rain, or is just a coincidence as to when its happening?

Its been reported to my provider (TalkTalk), and they Openreach working on it, but would this only show up as a fault when the line is physically crossed?

Thanks
Jamie

waltergmw:
Hi Jamie,

This is needle in a haystack time, but odds on it's in the PCP where the E side pair has been connected from a different service and yours has been left open circuit.

So you have no dial tone except the dregs from the other unfortunate user.

Kind regards,
Walter

jid:

--- Quote from: waltergmw on December 18, 2012, 08:16:45 PM ---Hi Jamie,

This is needle in a haystack time, but odds on it's in the PCP where the E side pair has been connected from a different service and yours has been left open circuit.

So you have no dial tone except the dregs from the other unfortunate user.

Kind regards,
Walter

--- End quote ---

Hi Walter,

Not quite, I've a dialtone and can dial out, and the broadbands fine, however no incoming calls at all.

It will ring, but its the other persons line that we get! Openreach updated today, no fix till Sunday, so over a weeks wait for their mess up  :no:

Cheers,
Jamie

burakkucat:
 :hmm:  Hmm . . .  I can't think of a scenario where a jumpering 'mishap' within the PCP, at VDSL2 service provision time, would give rise to the precise symptoms you have reported. I wonder if Black Sheep would be able to speculate a possible reason?

Ah, sudden thought time! If you call 17070, what number does Beattie declare your circuit to be? Your number? Or something completely different? If the latter is true, then it seems as if the installing technician has crimped the E-side tie pair from the FTTC to the wrong (but live) E-side pair to the exchange . . .  ::)

As for the rain -- coincidence.  :P

jid:
Hi B*cat, thanks for the reply :)

17070 gives me my number, its a really strange one! But Openreach have identified a battery fault somewhere, its bound to be in the cabinet. When I make a call, its for me and everything is dandy, however incoming calls, the phone will ring, but if I answer, the caller just hears the continuous ringing.

I get someone elses calls, but I still get my dialling tone, if i quiet the line, I can hear the other line and the talking, its all very unusual!

On the positive side, 37meg and no sign of DLM causing any probs  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version