News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xmas  (Read 4251 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Xmas
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:07 PM »

All the best fellow citizens, for the festive season !!! May your belly's be full and your glass never empty !!  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »

You too BS.

Hope everyone is well underway with the seasonal chores.  Im about mostly done with the pressies...  but Im fighting a loosing battle with the xmas tree.

This is Zoe's first christmas, and although Zigster is a little bit older, its the first time he's encountered a christmas tree, so both of them thing they have a new personal plaything and its a competition between them who can remove the most baubles.   Ziggy has a real knack for it, he flicks them upwards, the branch springs, the bauble flies towards the ceiling, then they will both go chasing it round the room.   ::)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »

Thank you Black Sheep

A merry christmas every one

Fortunately neither of our cats have bothered with the christmas tree yet ALthough Austria keeps dragging their drinking water into the middle of the kitchen floor.

I'll go in in the morling move it back to the side and she would come up to me as if to say "Didn't you see that I put that there !" then proceed to pull it to the middle of the floor again and walk off.

I can imagine her going to my Cat and say " Hey Fluffy watch this it's hilarious. each time I move the water they come and move it back again. They're so cute !"

We Used some white led lights over our bed. I refurbished an Oak four poster and have netting draped over the top. The lights are above. It actualy looks tasteful and impresses all who see it.
Good alternate use for christmas lights. Although if it where the coloured lights It would look awful. Dosn't bother the cats when they climb up there. Although its good that Fluffy dosnt climb that often. Its bad enough if he walks on top of us. I'll get a yell from the missus with "Get your 20lb Puma off of me !"  :lol:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

Only seven days to go!  :o

What has happened to all the time I had at the beginning of this month. I guess I'd better get 'a move on' with things that need to be done and a little less napping  . . .  :-[

To those who may be going away or otherwise unable to visit here in the next week (or so), I'll wish you all a Merry Christmas from The Cattery (a.k.a. a funny-farm).

:drink:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

And a very happy Christmas to all from me too. And thanks for reminding me - I'd better start thinking about sending some cards. ::)
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »

Xmas cheer to one and all...

Kitz I hope your kittys dont do this, we found our cat had climbed halfway up inside this 6ft artificial tree!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:32:12 AM »

heh at that pic..  what a pretty kitty and such a cute pic :)

Yes Zoe has already half scaled mine too, but its only a small (3ft I think) one, so she didnt get very high.  I am surprised it didnt topple though.  :blush:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »

Yes Zoe has already half scaled mine too, but its only a small (3ft I think) one, so she didnt get very high.  I am surprised it didnt topple though.  :blush:

I had taken the precaution of screwing the base legs of that tree to the floor as she had already taken an unhealthy interest in it  ::)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »

Yes indeed - Seasons Greetings to one and all. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

toulouse

in (not so sunny, and actually rather wet) Weston super Mare, Somerset
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »

Merry Christmas to all and absent friends.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:38:29 PM by UncleUB »

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »

Seasons greetings to everyone.
Love the tails about the cats. Pun intended.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »

And season's greetings to all from the Eagle's nest, perched on the wet, cold & windy Saddleworth/Oldham border.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »

Unfortunately I cant screw the tree to anything as its on top of a piece of furnature.

Also unfortunately I came in this evening to a rather tatty and rather forlorn looking tree which now has no deco's (aside from the odd one) for about the lower 2/3rd of the branches.

It did look so pretty... now......    :'(
-----

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »

We do have a nice selection of lights around our patio and up the tree right next to the appartment (planted about 4 feet way from the building which can't be good  :no:)

We have a nice big Fir tree just by the apartment which I thought would look good decorated. The only thing is from the marks in the snow each morling. We have an equaly big animal of some sort snooping around at night.

The mountains look wonderful with a fresh dusting of snow. Feels christmassey with a few inches around the town (any collection of buildings seem to be called a city round here, Population is only about 50,000). I am wearing my base layers though. -14.8 centigrade this morling. So when the kids got in the car for the school run The inside of the windows froze.

But for the weekend and christmas I think we will be building snowmen, igloos and off snow tubeing (like sledding but with inflateable tubes and maby my canoe.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

The choral society has done its three Christmas Concerts and carol service, and I've been paid with a cold. ATM, the only note I could reach is the one saying "lunch is in the fridge". ;D

Will be a quietish Christmas with only son and wife around on the Day, but livelier after as wife and I go up to London with daughter to view (in her case drool over) new great nephew)

Guys! Whatever you get up to, have a joyous time; remember what the season is about, and don't get too.....   
Pages: [1] 2

anything