Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Back button problems  (Read 2566 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Back button problems
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »

Win7 HP and Chrome Browser

I am finding that sometimes, for example, when reading a forum's thread that has several pages, that use of the back button or arrow does not work. I remain on the same page. The icon in top left rotates too. A few times it works eventually, but mostly I have to use the equivalent of this site's "Kitz Forum > Internet > Web Browsing & Email > Start new topic" and select the penultimate item; not helpful if you wan to step back a page pf the thread.

I cannot work out if it only happens on certain sites.

What could be the cause, and the cure? Ideas anyone?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Back button problems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »

I sometimes have a similar problem on several sites when using FF and the back-button on my mouse. 
Its not limited to just here and because its infrequent (sometimes does/sometimes doesnt) I just thought it was some quirk between FF and the logitech software.  Yet ironically Ive never noticed the problem in IE - which doesnt say much as I dont use it that often.

However if you are using the back arrow on the keyboard, that counts out mouse firmware issues. Sorry Ive not been much help.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker