Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

BT wiring from pole to house

(1/3) > >>

UncleUB:
At present the wire from the pole comes across the road and enters my house into the upstairs bedroom.

My question is, can the wiring be extending so it enters my home into the living room downstairs.This is on the front of the property where the cable also enters the bedroom.
I want my BT master socket moved from the bedroom to the living room and if possible don't want to use long runs of cable indoors owing to the location of rooms.

HPsauce:
If you want all evidence gone from upstairs you'll presumably need BT to do that, extending the "drop wire" with a waterproof joint at high level. Gonna cost.  >:D

Realistically, run your own extension cable OUTSIDE from the master to an extension socket where you want it.
2 small holes drilled through, a length of external-grade cable (maybe not CW1308 - similar number...) an extension socket, fixing screws, cable clips and some sealant.

Somthing you may be competent to do yourself, or any reasonable electrician.

UncleUB:
Thanks for the info HPsauce.  :)

I was just testing the water so to speak before having a word with my sons father-in-law who is an Openreach engineer.He fitted me a new master socket about 5 years ago.
The phone line was in the spare bedroom when we moved in so decided to leave there as thats where my computer is,trouble is my OH wants the bedroom back  :( to turn it into a guest room(only have 2 bedrooms so I'm getting the boot) ;D

So my plan is in the new year to get a lap top to save space and have the router downstairs.

roseway:
If your friendly OR man isn't able/willing to do the job, the cable you need for the DIY solution is CW1128, which comes with various numbers of pairs - the basic two-pair version is all you'll need.

UncleUB:
Thanks Eric,  :)

Hopefully he will do it for me(he's a decent chap :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version