Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MAC Code utilisation  (Read 2534 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
MAC Code utilisation
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

Gentlefolk,

Does anybody know if the MAC code is required after an order placement and acceptance by Openreach ?

The reason for the question is that I observe VDSL installations extending beyond the 30 day period, especially if the MAC was not activated on the receipt day.

Kind regards,
Walter

smurfuk

Re: MAC Code utilisation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

When I ordered VDSL last year I used the MAC two days before its expiry (and got a copy of the OR confirmation, and install date within a matter of hours). I think the MAC is required for the order to be registered on OR's systems. (I actually "used" the MAC twice - but the first time the "other" ISP - with whom I then cancelled - didn't place the order correctly on OR's systems so the MAC wasn't in fact "used").

The install date was several weeks later (outside the MAC validity period). No problem.

So my advice would be to check with the ISP that the order has properly "gone through" - shown though if you have an OR install date.

snadge

• Kitizen
Re: MAC Code utilisation
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:22 AM »

@ waltergmw - why would the MAC be required a 2nd time after its been used? sorry for sounding a bit confused..its not hard to confuse me hehe , all I know is you have 30 days to use a MAC, you could use it on day 29 but yet have to wait up to 4 weeks for your installation, this means 2 months after you got the MAC you get it installed

I read today that Openreach are making 2013 installation dates now (since end of November) because they are so busy!
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73