Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: More Than One Quote.  (Read 8315 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
More Than One Quote.
« on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »

How do you have a reply with more than one quote from more the one post, instead of making say three separate quote/reply's to three posts on one topic ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: More Than One Quote.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:27:34 AM »

Posted on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:25 PMPosted by: tickmike 
How do you have a reply with more than one quote from more the one post, instead of making say three separate quote/reply's to three posts on one topic ?.

Hi tickmike.

With the text above what I did was to "Copy & Paste" from the text below after I selected "Reply" then just enclosed it all with "Quote" from the tool menu above.
(Tool-bar just above the smilies, 2nd from the right)

If there had been other replies I could also have used "Copy & Paste" with those also.

Hope this helps.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 06:56:01 AM »

Yes, copy and paste is the way to do it. Either use the Quote item on the toolbar or type {quote} before the text and {/quote} after it, but use square brackets instead of curly ones.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »

Yes, copy and paste is the way to do it. Either use the Quote item on the toolbar or type {quote} before the text and {/quote} after it, but use square brackets instead of curly ones.

Hi tickmike.

With the text above what I did was to "Copy & Paste" from the text below after I selected "Reply" then just enclosed it all with "Quote" from the tool menu above.

If there had been other replies I could also have used "Copy & Paste" with those also.

Hope this helps.

I think I've got the idea, I see were I was going wrong.

Now click 'preview'    :) It works.
Thanks.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »

If you're hitting the quote post button for multiple quotes, sometimes it's easier to c&p all the bits into notepad to compose your reply. :)

(I find notepad indispensable as a temporary text repository.)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »

Posted on: December 03, 2007, 02:27:34 AMPosted by: oldfogy
Hi tickmike.

Hope this helps.

[quotePosted on: Today at 05:25:36 AMPosted by: Floydoid

Thanks.

If you separate the individual replies using the {quote} and {/quote} (with square brackets) then they should show as this one (I hope) as separate quotes.
Basically, do them one at a time, then with at least 2 line spaces between each persons quote start the next one.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »

If you're hitting the quote post button for multiple quotes, sometimes it's easier to c&p all the bits into notepad to compose your reply. :)

One problem must have a spell checker.  ;)

Hi tickmike.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

If you separate the individual replies using the {quote} and {/quote} (with square brackets) then they should show as this one (I hope) as separate quotes.
Basically, do them one at a time, then with at least 2 line spaces between each persons quote start the next one.

Well I just clicked on 'Quote' For 'Floydoid' made a reply, then previewed it, then clicked insert quote from 'Oldfogy' below the 'post reply box' then made this comment.
Corrected spelling, previewed, post.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:57:58 AM »

Hi tickmike.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Well I just clicked on 'Quote' For 'Floydoid' made a reply, then previewed it, then clicked insert quote from 'Oldfogy' below the 'post reply box' then made this comment.
Corrected spelling, previewed, post.
Certainly works ok.

Posted on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:25 PMPosted by: tickmike 

Hi tickmike.

Hope this helps.
Well i'll be blowed.

Since asking your original question, you are now teaching us  :lol:  :lol:

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:22:30 AM »

In that case use Word... I should have said 'notepad or other text/word processor'.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."