Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Routerstats  (Read 3271 times)

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Routerstats
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

This is something new to me, or else I've just not noticed it before, but my current bitloading graph is showing minus data on the bitswaps/tone graph spreading throughout the frequency range from tone 33 to tone 314.

On the main bits/tone graph for example, tone 44 is displaying at 14 bits with -126 bitswaps.

Anyone know what's going on or is this normal and it's just that I've not noticed it before ?

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
Re: Routerstats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:19:26 AM »

Hi Oranged,

I also noted that my 'bits/tone' graph displayed similarly to what you are reporting. Unfortunately I have no idea why that should be, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to add to this topic. I initially thought that it might be a 'feature' connected with the router that I am using, a TG582n O2 Wireless Box V.

TTFN

toulouse
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

Yes, I think it is yet another undisclosed feature of O2's TG582n !!!....I didn't mention the router just in case I was anticipating the cause.

The O2 WBV is riddled with firmware idiosyncrasies such as its fondness of recording Error Seconds.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »

Oh yes, please tell me more. I have read a few negative comments about this router in the O2 forums, but don't recall anything in particular about Error Seconds.

toulouse
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »

but don't recall anything in particular about Error Seconds.

You mean you're not seeing any slow build up of Local Error Seconds ?

It's the first router that I've used that always gives me error seconds unless of course there had been a line fault.

Proved it by switching back to my TG585v7.......miraculously the ES disappeared but then re-appeared again when I switched back to TG582n !!

anything